Msan

Crashes when using spacing in Paragraph

Hi there

affinity designer repeatedly crushed after messing about with the spacing in the Paragraph menu. 

when i hit enter for continuing the text in the next line, it made the spacing larger between the new line and the last. then i was able to shorten the gap by using the Leading adjustment on the single last line to get it to the same distance as all the other lines have by default. then later i wanted to add extra words to this same last line. the words added have extended into the next line, but this time the fresh next line had no distance (leading) from the previous. so i wanted to use the Leading adjustment again on this one last line, but it was taking effect at the line above the last line - where this method was first used -, and i couldn’t change that, no matter where the cursor was.

then i thought to select the whole text and adjust the spacing between the lines for a common value, then it started to crash repeatedly.

thats the best way to describe it by me:) i hope it makes sense!

otherwise big up for the ios version and thanks for reading this!

Hey Msan,

I'm struggling to reproduce this. Any chance you can supply a document so I can have another go? I've set mine up to how you've described it but it's absolutely fine for me. I'm likely missing a small detail. Cheers :) 

Well, thats great :)

Is there a way maybe to go around it...like any option in the ipad version to act as when you use shift+enter on the mac version to move a last word into a new line?

because that is what made the spacing between the lines change, so i had to adjust it, then at another line it happens again, and that adds up to having multiple lines with different leading.

12 hours ago, Msan said:

Well, thats great :)

Is there a way maybe to go around it...like any option in the ipad version to act as when you use shift+enter on the mac version to move a last word into a new line?

because that is what made the spacing between the lines change, so i had to adjust it, then at another line it happens again, and that adds up to having multiple lines with different leading.

I'll have to have a look, to be honest. I'll see what I can find out for you.

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Yes—sorry for not making it clear. 

Excellent.

The space--bar scrolling feature in iOS 12 is one of the big reasons I am going all in on switching from OSX to iOS. (Although I hope one day Apple will allow us to use the magic trackpad on the iPad without hacking it.)