You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Seamless Perlin Noise

I'd go one step further, and add these as a fill option. Then add multiple noise functions, allow for layering of various noise variants and embossing. Look at PhotoLine for inspiration.

Another option is FilterForge, but the plugin doesn't work in Photo, which is a crying shame. No issues in Photoshop or PhotoLine.

In Photo I receive this error: a <class XFW::ArgumentError> The handle 000000C5C3BED9C0 is not a valid window handle.

FilterForge has a multitude of interesting noise and texture generators. The stand-alone version does work, but it would be great if it worked as a plugin in Affnity Photo.

What's the point of mentioning third party applications in this thread? I could just use Substance Designer to create any kind of noise texture of any degree of complexity just fine. But in this thread we are requesting a specific feature for Affinity products, please report a bug or create a new thread about Filter Forge.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Renzatic said:

I'm bumping this, cuz I'd like to have a randomized perlin noise filter too.

Yeah, me too. If you use Perlin Noise for a bunch of different layers they all look the same unless you go through and manually adjust them all by rotating or otherwise distorting them. It's a big faff and totally unnecessary.  Which is also what the lack of tileable perlin noise is too.

I don't use it myself but there are Perlin Noise generators in the relatively new Procedural Texture Live Filter.

Is that any better?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

8 hours ago, carl123 said:

I don't use it myself but there are Perlin Noise generators in the relatively new Procedural Texture Live Filter.

Is that any better?

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know there was one. It has a couple of problems.

1. It crashes when the layer is duplicated, I will report this separately
  2. It doesn't tile after it's merged
  3. It's very performance heavy, is it re-generated every time the layer moves? I guess it is
  4. It's a lot of clicks to get a simple perlin noise