You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The RoadRunner show

paolo.limoncelli

Just wonderful, brought back such good childhood memories! I would love to see a video of your painting process in AP... I bet it would be very popular here on the forums, just sayin'... ;)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Thank you so much folks!

To be honest I'm not totally happy with it... 

Should find a better balance between details and painterly look...

Can improve it.

Just wonderful, brought back such good childhood memories! I would love to see a video of your painting process in AP... I bet it would be very popular here on the forums, just sayin'... ;)

I always forget to launch Screenflick...

Will record something in the future... :)

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Great job Paolo. It looks like you created the shapes then painted inside them?  Loving the grittiness in the swooshes.

I seem to remember some line work in Chuck Jones stuff that balanced the softer tones. Like some lighter distant lines in the sky and maybe some in the stone work to delineate some of the details.  Maybe some "sprinkles" of spots subtley in the background...

Great mood setting in this... meep meep...!

Not happy with it, spoken like a true artist, lol...

Yes, looking forward to seeing your vids, Paolo!

Thank you so much folks!

To be honest I'm not totally happy with it... 

Should find a better balance between details and painterly look...

Can improve it.

I always forget to launch Screenflick...

Will record something in the future... :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

Hey! Paolo great work man you!. I know you not completely happy, but I will take your "not completely happy with it" work any day hahah!

Thanks!

Not happy with it, spoken like a true artist, lol...

Oh man... I'm far from an artist...  :)

It looks like you created the shapes then painted inside them?  Loving the grittiness in the swooshes.

Yep, I painted a sort of atmospheric perspective using grey values.

Then used these layers as "clipping masks" to paint colours and details.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

C'mon man! You're making my belly ache from laughter "far from an artist," lol...

I've seen some great use of monochromatic textures as brushes/layers used with displacement mapping to create authentic textures. Is thats something AP can help with?

Thanks!

Oh man... I'm far from an artist...  :)

Yep, I painted a sort of atmospheric perspective using grey values.

Then used these layers as "clipping masks" to paint colours and details.

Far from an artist?...he's legged it over the horizon and left the others; who are still standing on the start line. Meep Meep!

Exactly!

Just as a reference point; here is a genuine frame fromLooney Tunes: Wile E. Coyote & Road Runner: Fast and Furry-ous (September 17, 1949) ZE9GMGtYM1N5RXMx_o_looney-tunes-wile-e-c

Not only has Paolo truly captured it (something Wile e Coyote, has never managed :P), he's actually done a better job than the original team. Where was he and AD when Warner Bros were painting on cells?

Again, Bravo Paolo!

That deserves an Eggy!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

I actually prefer Paolo's palette, richer cyan sky and purple shadows... perhaps the only thing that works better for me in the original is the brightness of the image, which goes well with the audience and subject, but we're splitting atoms at this point... the image is fantastic! 

Love the ACME EGGY, LOL!!!

Just as a reference point; here is a genuine frame fromLooney Tunes: Wile E. Coyote & Road Runner: Fast and Furry-ous (September 17, 1949) ZE9GMGtYM1N5RXMx_o_looney-tunes-wile-e-c

Not only has Paolo truly captured it (something Wile e Coyote, has never managed :P), he's actually done a better job than the original team. Where was he and AD when Warner Bros were painting on cells?

Again, Bravo Paolo!

That deserves an Eggy!

@ Paolo Haahahahahah "Far from and Artist." Ok and I had lunch with a hobbit today lol!