You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

About the Replace missing fonts (Japanese fonts)

Hello,

I have tried the open the PDF file. The PDF file have barcode and Japanese text.
But some fonts are missing. 

So, When the file open, Check the Replace missing fonts in PDF option window.
I select the Japanese Fonts on "Replacement Family".

But the Texts are broken display.
So, I search the missed font (HeiseiMin-W3) and Install it.

But...Not matched with missing font.

Umm, I think my font is not match the original font. It is possible.

But, It seems the 'Replace missing font' function is not work. Because I tried the other japanese fonts, It is not work the replacement.
(The PDF file was open well in illustrator or PDF Viewer.)

I tried the install japanese font pack (windows update) and Adobe PDF Reader Asian font pack. But not work the replace...

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you and Regards.

001.png

002.png

Can you see JPN fonts on the Font List of Affinity Designer ?

Make New File of AD, then, drop down fonts list of AD. Do you find your expected fonts on the lists ?

In earlier version of AD, DBC(double byte code) fonts make freezing of AD for 1 or 2 minutes.

If you cannot find your expected fonts in the list, you cannot use them within AD, maybe...

After I met with DBC fonts problem of AD in earlier version, I don't use DBC fonts in AD, only use other fonts. Maybe, in the latest version, some fonts are skipped when loading fonts list(maybe..., am not sure, sorry), at least, freezing problem is solved.

If you can use DBC fonts in Illustrator or other software, you'd better use it/them.  TPO is the most important and convenient in any case.

AD has very excellent vector control, better than Illustrator, of course. But, DBC fonts problem is haunted still now, I think.

(And you should know, in the latest version of Windows 10,  fonts and display function is changed, unfortunately some JPN companies don't understand it.  Are you using @fonts of DBC fonts ? These fonts work properly on the latest version of Windows 10 or not ? These fonts are old one or not ? etc... you have to find out what is the cause of this problem.)

Anyway, try to load fonts list of AD, and try to type your expected DBC fonts in AD.

An advice.

Let us know;

What OS do you use ? Windows 7, 7 SP1, Windows 10, what revision/version of Windows 10, etc..

What Font do you use ? Fonts of Windows 7, 10 ? or other software house ? Font name, @ font or not ? How do you get the Fonts ? (come with Software ? what software ? etc...)

These information will be helpful for your problem.