You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 Affinity designer iPad UX issues

Hi. 

Firstly i want to say thank you guys for your great work. Personally, im a creative director Healthcare and fashion of a company, UX/UI consultant of another company and also my own design studio as well, with all these at hand, i’ve decided to force myself to use iPad Pro all the way through for all my work for a month just to see if its actually doable. a week has passed and amazingly, i am , to my own surprise , very comfortable and pleased so far. So kudos man. Dont know how you guys did it but you pulled it off. This is a work of art. 

There two very mundane problems i came across though,

1. When node tool is selected, and i want to select multipl nodes. I can open a “selection box” to choose a few. But if i want to add another, i have to hold my fingure (access one finger gesture mode as the blue bubbl appears) select other nodes with other finger. This is good but one crutial thing is missing. I should be able to open “selection box” while in one finger gestur more so i could select multiple nodes at once without deselecting my prvevious nodes. 

2. This one may be a question rather than a issue, since i may simply just not know how to use it. When in text mode and i select a shape that increated with nodes, when i want to select a portion (specially the beginning or ending) of my text, instead of selecting or highlighting it, it resizes the shape. To this point the only workarounds i found for this are not logically feasable for a professional app, there must be a way Maybe with gestures to let the pencil (or finger) know that its selecting to displace or selecting to edit text. 

P.S. in my time using affinity designer for ipad, i realized the export persona is extremely half baked. Im assuming its because of your assumption that people would use the iPad as a secondary Device and would not require the full export setting, unfortunately in my case, i require to send files to some printing and advertising agencies which one requires me to change the pdf format amd other to change the color standard settings that were missing. I also could not find the optIon of converting text to curve in export persona and that is useful since i make brochures and parts of webpages and blog designs in the same file and that would require each to be exported in their own format. Somewhat like the way it is on desktop. I wanted to know if there is plan to bring all export persona features to iPad version or no? 

1. It is a little tricky to do this but the secret is the place the finger or Pencil tip on the screen where you want the second selection box to start first, then place the other finger on the screen & start the drag.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi @Aaron Martin,

1. Select the Node tool, tap-hold with one finger, use another finger to make your selection. 

2. I'm not really sure how you get this. Any chance you can upload a screen recording? Please make sure you turn "show gestures" on in Preferences > General .

Thanks,

Gabe.