You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I used a number of different style vector brushes when I inked a design in Affinity Designer. When I went to convert the brush strokes to curves, only the solid standard brush strokes were converted and all specialized or non-standard brushes were gone....

I backtracked and selected a single stroke made with a non-standard vector brush and went to convert to curves or expand... and it was grayed out.

Is there a way to convert these types of brushes to fills? I need to be able to use my vector line work made in Affinity Designer in other apps as vectors....

Is there a solution to this? Thanks

Hi, Boldinedesign,

The vector brush is a vector only in that there is a vector core that has a bitmap stretched or repeated over it. It is sort of in between vector and bitmap. Depending somewhat on what the specialized brushes were like, you might be able to export the work as a .png, and put that thru an auto-tracer to turn it to .svg, etc.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet