You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Digital Painting: Keystroke Shortcuts!

I like the application very much so far. I'll be using it for digital painting and concept art. It still feels rather incomplete here and there. The brushes are nice. Here are a few suggestions:

- New document dialog: type "Web" should rather be named "Web / Digital Painting"
- New document: first layer should be predefined
- Settings: Allow deactivation of automatic saving
- Brush paint doesn't mix nicely when painting on a new layer!
- Allow defining custom key mappings, e.g. C for colour picker, etc.
- Rotation of canvas (non-destructive) with a shortcut (R in Photoshop)
- Keystroke for increasing/decreasing brush size (K, N)

Is APh going to have features like Corel Painter (not Corel Photo-Paint) and like Apperture?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

You can already press ctrl+alt or [ and ] (not sure about those since i don't have these keys on my keyboard) in the Paint Brush tool (Pixel Persona) to change its size/hardness

Hi

Nice with the ctrl+alt keys for adjusting resize and hardness. Would it be possible to adjust brush opacity in the same way, for instance with pen button 3 (middle click)? or shift?

And regarding the hotkeys "[" and "]", may I generally request that when you define hotkeys, you make them more internationally user-friendly. I'm for instance using a Danish keyboard and the "[" and "]" don't exist on that keyboard, they are "alt" functions of the "8" and "9" keys, and you don't have them on your keyboard either.

chers

/johs

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I agree with johs... Defined shortcut to adjust size and hardness is impossible to use with a french kbd. That makes also impossible to set tablet-pen's button shortcuts, which could be really handy.

Your app still great though.

Cheers,

abk

Alternate shortcuts for brush size are needed for those users who don't have the square bracket keys [ ] on their keyboards but please keep the brackets available for those of us who are muscle-memory dependent on them.