Sign in to follow this  
Venyer

Is there any way to keep settings from the developing persona?

I am getting used to Affinity Photo and I don't know how to keep the settings of the developing persona. When I edit a photo and go back to the developing persona all the settings are reseted to 0. Is there a way to keep the settings editable?

Hello Venyer,

no, at the moment there is no possibility to save the development settings.
see also here

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.3.476 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.3.476:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)

Oh. MEB

was faster ;)

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.3.476 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.3.476:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)

Thanks both.

I did not know that. I am glad to hear that it will be added in the 1.x version. I thought it was already there.

3 hours ago, Venyer said:

I am getting used to Affinity Photo and I don't know how to keep the settings of the developing persona. When I edit a photo and go back to the developing persona all the settings are reseted to 0. Is there a way to keep the settings editable?

You could always save a Preset

presets.png.bb8608c00bbe90296ec6cfeaa2db5322.png

That will allow you to save the settings, or different variations of them to reuse on a different picture

Make your adjustments then click on the burger menu to Add one,

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thank you toltec.

Thats good to know but I expect AP to keep settings and overlays in the develop persona so we can edit them whenever necessary.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:52 AM, MEB said:

Hi Venyer,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
No, currently the conversion is destructive. There's plans to implement a non-destructive development layer in the current 1.x cycle as a free update (see roadmap here).

How are things going about keeping settings in the developing persona? That would be a really useful feature.