SLowmo75

Can you turn spell check off?

Can anyone tell me how to turn spell check off on AD on iPad, please? I am making a logo where the word is a non word, so it has annoying red spell check wiggles under it that are putting me right off!

Thanks

Wayne

7 hours ago, SLowmo75 said:

Can anyone tell me how to turn spell check off on AD on iPad, please? I am making a logo where the word is a non word, so it has annoying red spell check wiggles under it that are putting me right off!

Thanks

Wayne

Would it be easier to add the "non-word" to the dictionary?  That way you'd still be checking the rest of the text and you'd ensure the non-word was spelled consistently.

AP user, running Win10

4 minutes ago, IanSG said:

Would it be easier to add the "non-word" to the dictionary?  That way you'd still be checking the rest of the text and you'd ensure the non-word was spelled consistently.

Better still, on AD desktop there is an option to ignore spelling, which will just ignore the spelling of that word for that specific document

If that option is also on the iPad try that

PS You can unignore that word in that document at a later date if you want to

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

8 hours ago, SLowmo75 said:

Can anyone tell me how to turn spell check off on AD on iPad, please?

14 minutes ago, IanSG said:

This discussion doesn’t really belong in an ‘Affinity on Desktop Questions’ thread, but I can’t find a way to edit the dictionary in AD on iPad.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

19 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

This discussion doesn’t really belong in an ‘Affinity on Desktop Questions’ thread, but I can’t find a way to edit the dictionary in AD on iPad.

I've split and moved the related iPad questions to a new thread in the relevant section of the forums.

We use the dictionary and spell checker that is being used by your iOS as Affinity for iPad doesn't have it's own dictionary currently. Unfortunately this means currently there's no way to edit the dictionary and add/remove words from within Affinity. I believe you can add words to the dictionary from some Apple apps, but I've yet to find a way to remove these words through the iPads settings, other than resetting the keyboard dictionary in its entirety. 

Thanks all. I'm editing on desktop now anyway, but will try AlianP's suggestion when I'm back on the pad - that's if he was even talking about the iPad version?!

Cheers

Wayne

I was having the same problem on my iPad. I tried AlainP's suggestion and it did the trick! Just to be clear he means the "Text Studio" panel on the right-side menu.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:09 PM, AlainP said:

SelectText in the studio panel (a) - "Burger" menu at the top - Uncheck "Check Spelling While Typing".

Thanks Alain!

Kobretti