You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want to buy Affinity Photo, but I have some doubts ...

Hello! Currently AFPhoto is in version 6.4. If I buy this version 6.x now, when version 7 comes out: Will my software be updated or will I have to buy AFPhoto again to have version 7? Greetings and thanks.

• Staff

Hi Alkon, welcome to the Affinity forum.

The current version is 1.6.4 and all future 1.x updates are included with the purchase.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Just now, StevenS said:

Hi Alkon, welcome to the Affinity forum.

The current version is 1.6.4 and all future 1.x updates are included with the purchase.

OKs,

then, when the verion 8.x comes out, it is when I should buy again the AFphoto or AFDesigner, right?

36 minutes ago, Alkon said:

OKs,

then, when the verion 8.x comes out, it is when I should buy again the AFphoto or AFDesigner, right?

As @StevenS has pointed out, the current version is 1.6.4, not 6.4, and all 1.x.x updates (i.e. 1.7.x, 1.8.x, etc) are free. You will only need to buy again if you want the new features in version 2; if you choose not to upgrade, version 1 will keep on working as long as it isn’t broken by an OS update.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Oh, well, sorry, I got confused. I have confused with the versions haha. Some more questions: -If I already have version 1.6.4, when version 2.x.x arrives: Will I have a discount if I update from 1.6.4? -Do you know what features will have version 2 of AFPhoto and AFDesigner? Greetings and thanks to all: D

8 minutes ago, Alkon said:

Will I have a discount if I update from 1.6.4?

That’s entirely up to Serif. At the current prices I very much doubt that there will upgrade deals as such, but there will probably be a launch discount for everyone.

Do you know what features will have version 2 of AFPhoto and AFDesigner?

Serif haven’t publicly committed themselves to the inclusion of any particular features beyond what’s on the version 1 roadmap.

Alfred spacer.png

You are aware, that the Affinity Applications are a bargain, if you compare the ridiculous price with the power of the apps?

Normally — just as it happens actually — there will be a reduced price for a period of time, when a major update arrives. You might see this as a discount.

14 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Això és totalment a Serif. Als preus actuals, dubto molt que actualitzaran ofertes com a tals, però probablement hi haurà un descompte de llançament per a tothom.

Serif no s'ha compromès públicament a incloure cap característica particular més enllà del que hi ha al full de ruta de la versió 1.

---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (simplificado)Chino (tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotho meridionalShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol

So what features are going to have version 1.7 of AFP and AFD?

I am always interested in knowing what new tools they use in this type of software.

Thank you all for your answers ^^

9 minutes ago, Alkon said:

So what features are going to have version 1.7 of AFP and AFD?

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...