Paige

Selecting curves w/Apple pen ( lack precision selecting)

13 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I was a bit confused because this topic was posted in the Bugs On iPad forum, so I was trying to figure out how much of this is caused by bugs on the iPad app vs. bugs that affect both versions, & what if any workaround would work on the iPad. O.o

I remember reading about this problem on the Desktop version a while ago but did not investigate it then, so I decided to take a look now as I had some time on my hand this morning and it looked like the iPad version was suffering the same symptoms.

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

I made a copy of the Slanted Ink Pen (in app ADi brush) and changed the  size variance.
@carl123 : The brush image doesn’t look the same on the iPad? My pressure curves are not flat either. Here is a screen grab of what is displayed;

When I get back from work I will exporting the work that has already been done, flattened, into an new blank canvas and continue from there. Hopefully the area 51 (that’s hilarious btw) won’t be a reoccurring issue. Maybe it’s a corrupted file from importing it from ADm? 
(I will also avoid drawing any triangles where lines may start disappearing mysteriously.. :10_wink:  )

Thank you all for looking into this :)

C9905F47-CBD9-41CA-AB30-67524FD71026.jpeg

7 minutes ago, carl123 said:

I remember reading about this problem on the Desktop version a while ago but did not investigate it then, so I decided to take a look now as I had some time on my hand this morning and it looked like the iPad version was suffering the same symptoms.

The symptoms certainly suggest the same underlying problem, but there is one difference: at least on my iPad the suggested workaround of switching to outline view mode does not work -- the curve selected on the canvas is often not the one I tap on, either with a finger or the Apple Pencil.

I am not sure what to make of that, but I wonder if the issue is more about pressure curves that don't reach 100% of the stroke width than just the properties of the brush used, or how the two interact, but I am not at all clear on how they should interact so I don't know how to test for that.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Strange things happen in Area 51, I guess we may never know the true story

But I suspect the Devs will fix it in a future update

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.