You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

lagging tools

I was searching for a reason why my brushes was laggin (appearing 1-2 seconde after I touch the screen)(cannot make fast little lines) (the eye drop is too sensitive and always appears when I try to go slowly) so looking to set all of that in seeting and now a large blue circle appeared around averything I am touching.  

In the following screenshot you can see what I mean by fast little lines and the big circle.

Id also need some help with all the other things I mentionned.

18F214D3-3973-47D5-A949-5CE7E71F7660.png

37 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

The blue circle represents that a finger gestures is approved...

You can deselect this “features” in the settings...

Thanks, I know you are just a member but, are you able to tell me about the rest? Is everyone experienting the same lag with the brushes?

22 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

I just understand the question here...

in the first place, why do you touch your surface when painting? Do you paint with your finger or Apple Pencil?

I am using a apple pencil, when my apple pencil touch the screen, the line doesnt appear right away, I know a little lag is normal, this also happens with photoshop via astropad, but the line always appears where I start it even if it’s late, but in affinity, the line doesnt always appears, I tryed the stabilisator to help but still, I am uploading a video to show you the lag.

4 minutes ago, Kurb said:

I am using a apple pencil, when my apple pencil touch the screen, the line doesnt appear right away, I know a little lag is normal, this also happens with photoshop via astropad, but the line always appears where I start it even if it’s late, but in affinity, the line doesnt always appears, I tryed the stabilisator to help but still, I am uploading a video to show you the lag.

https://youtu.be/sasm9xRDfYA

14 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Ok...

Is this behavior the same on every pencil or brush your’re using?

Has this delay always occur, even in other paint apps, or, is it only Affinity Photo?

As I’ve heard, to have low battery power in the Apple Pencil can interfere with the signal between the pencil and the app..

I’ll never go under 30% battery status on my pencil...

And, I have a very responded pencil, in every app and in every situation. I’m on iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 generation...

This is the only app that does this, I also have procreate and it is very smooth, but I prefer working on affinity. I’ll try with better charge, I’ll Let you know my feedback. Thanks ++

6 minutes ago, Kurb said:

This is the only app that does this, I also have procreate and it is very smooth, but I prefer working on affinity. I’ll try with better charge, I’ll Let you know my feedback. Thanks ++

Back, so it is at 50% charge, still lagging and this on every kind of brush and tool : (

Is the tip of the Apple Pencil a bit loose? Make sure it is fastened tightly. I had also wondered about bad responsiveness one day, and I noticed that I had inadvertently loosened my Pencil tip.

Does a restart of Affinity Photo make a difference?

7 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

Is the tip of the Apple Pencil a bit loose? Make sure it is fastened tightly. I had also wondered about bad responsiveness one day, and I noticed that I had inadvertently loosened my Pencil tip.

Does a restart of Affinity Photo make a difference?

It is super tight : (

I taught everybody on affinity were the same so it was always like that since like february, I also taught it was just me that never notice that before but was actualy always like that since I have it. 

I plan to reinstall the app

I saved my files in my ipad in the affinity section, then on my mac, those are  .afphoto, ...good?

This lag is very strange. I have a first generation iPad Pro 12.9", and I don’t see any lag whatsoever. I believe to remember Affinity Photo was slower in earlier versions, but the latest iteration seems to work perfect on my system. As perfect as Procreate. From your screenshot, it doesn’t even seem that you are working on a huge canvas, so that shouldn’t be an issue as well. Hmm. :(

Maybe it would make sense to provide some information on your hardware to the developers.

16 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

This lag is very strange. I have a first generation iPad Pro 12.9", and I don’t see any lag whatsoever. I believe to remember Affinity Photo was slower in earlier versions, but the latest iteration seems to work perfect on my system. As perfect as Procreate. From your screenshot, it doesn’t even seem that you are working on a huge canvas, so that shouldn’t be an issue as well. Hmm. :(

Maybe it would make sense to provide some information on your hardware to the developers.

I also have the 12.9... : (

I’m sad and glad at the same time to know it is suppose to work like procreate because I really enjoy the affinity interface.

Sad cuz I cant find why it has bug haha, I baught my ipad last october I don’t think they created a new one since then, I still have my garantee in store to exchange it.

I’ll look for a way to contact the affinity developers.

This is weird the problem is only on Affinity... : (

Thanks for your support.

Probably sharing with the developers/support (without risking any privacy) the overall iPad's global settings (configuration)?  As well as actual A. Photo app configuration settings?(might lead to a thorough enabling/disabling each setting and trying, per every change, maybe so you will hunt the issue)  Can't think of other difference... newer iPads typically are faster than the 1st gen in all software....

The suggestion in the above paragraph is something I would very much do before asking for an iPad replacement.

Edit: Sometimes is the craziest apparently unrelated setting in any OS... even not related with the actual pointing device.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 10.5 ipad pro and designer lags terribly. draw a line then I try and drag it and it takes seconds before it morves. same with points. Does seem better in the latest update but I still see it sometimes. Also undo is not reliable, I think it’s lagging too

Do you have either the rope or window stabilisers turned on for the brush / pen / pencil (whichever you’re using) and if so, are they set to a high setting as this could cause the effect you are seeing here.

Best wishes,

Mark