You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Connector Tool and dimensions

I'm an ancient user of Serif products and, at last, decided to try-before-I-buy the Photo and Designer apps.
Photo is great and I shall buy it, but I'm confused by Designer.

It certainly has a fresh and pretty GUI, but some things seem to be less than ideal compared to DrawPlus.

I note on the Forum the long-standing requests (and promises) for arrow head line styles.
Old Serif DrawPlus had them so it's a surprising omission.

Also, as a Visio user at work, another useful feature that seems to have gone are Connector lines and dimension tools.
Why have they gone? Or are they tucked away 10 levels down?

Many Companies/people want a Drawing package to produce artistic Flow diagrams and similar.
I wanted to show Designer at work to demonstrate an alternative to Visio for business-type diagrams as I assumed it was going to be DrawPlus-Plus. 

Proper Connectors should behave just like connecting components on an electronics CAD and good old DrawPlus effectively did just that.

Please bring them back. Or have I missed the method?
(Yes, I saw another thread on how to make Connectors manually but that's slow compared to a 10 year old Serif Draw).

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @FGUK. :)

Affinity Designer isn’t an adaptation of DrawPlus. It was written from scratch, starting five or six years ago, so it’s unreasonable to expect it to have all the features of a program which was in continuous development for more than twenty years. It doesn’t have a Connector Tool or a Dimension Tool yet, so you might as well stop looking for them!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)