You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Been trying out Affinity Designer Trial for a while now, and i love it. Only concern i have right know will designers of all kinds be able to sell their work? As most people or customers out there require the format .AI from illustrator as well as the other formats .eps, .svg, .jpeg and so on.

Any tips for this concern? I also use illustrator but im thinking about switching to Affinity Designer on full time.

Thank you!

Export as .pdf, the Adobe open source file format. The clients can open in AI, and save as .ai.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Pdfs were never intended for editing and AI is the worse application to edit pdfs.

It does work if the files are simple enough. But if there are any effects then you'll get nothing but complaints. 

There will be from one to several to a whole lot of clipping masks that need released. 

If you need to supply ai files, you need to run your designs through ai, clean them up and save as an AI file with pdf compatibility.