You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

customize surrounding frames

• 3 months later...

Hi Oval,

I think you're referring to a purple line instead? I believe that's the snapping candidate highlight what you're seeing. To disable it go to View -> Snapping Manager... and uncheck Show snapping candidates.

Let me know if this solved it.

Hi MEB. Good hint. But this is not the question, please look:

Nothing is selected. Why are some Outlines colored? That is not helpful. I think they should be only colored if one or more objects are selected. It is about usability. What is your opinion?

• Staff

That's exactly what i was talking about in my previous reply. Those lines are highlighting the objects that are part of the Snapping Candidates list. To disable it go to View -> Snapping Manager... and uncheck Show snapping candidates. They will be hidden from view.

To learn more about Snapping Candidates (those purple outlines) check this video.

• Staff

No it's not possible to change their color. Snapping Candidates are the objects to which you will be able to align an object. Affinity will display smart guides to help you align your object with them. The maximum number of objects in the Snapping Candidates list is six to avoid a profusion of smart guides from all objects in the drawing. If the object you want to use as reference for the alignment is not on the Snapping Candidates list just mouse hover it for a few seconds and it will be added to the list while another will be dropped out. Check the video i pointed out earlier for more details.

I think, Serif does not really want to know what professionals need:

You can add but you cannot delete an object to/from the Snapping Candidates list. The software tells us, what must be in the list. Right rom the beginning (f. e. importing an image).[/size]

I first selected six objects and [/size]with the import of objects my list gets worse. This is not usability. This is how some developers think. :-(

When I have some text, then the first character its outlined but nothing of that outline will be snapped. :-( The developers outlined the wrong parts or they have not finished their work.

It is not easy to see those candidates if the objects are colored in purple or pink. :-(

… :-(

Wonder if there would be a way for the developers to let us select the objects. I'm thinking if we could shift click on the objects and then select a command like Make Snap Candidates. If we exceed the maximum number, then an alert would be displayed. There could also be a command Clear Snap Candidates. I guess if the developers really want to get fancy, they could provide us with another Manager  :)