Hi, 

I have a set of plotting machines; that works with Adobe Illustrator. My projects stays around vector lines mostly.

I want to know if Affinity Designer will work with GRAPHTEC PLOTTING MACHINE before I make final purchase.

If not, are there hopes of getting this done?

Best regards

David-Abi

Hi, welcome to the Affinity forums.

Are you aware there is a strictly time-limited free trial available to download here?  This would allow you to test whether your plotting machine will work with AD as it is now.  Just remember that the trial period is only 10 days starting from when you install it, not when you first use it.

If it doesn't work currently I suspect only the developers can say whether your specific machine will be supported in the future.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

1 hour ago, emmrecs01 said:

Just remember that the trial period is only 10 days starting from when you install it, not when you first use it.

Are you sure about that, Jeff? I was under the distinct impression that the trial clock only starts when you first launch the app, but it runs continuously (so if you launch the app for a quick look a few days after installation and then come back to it a week later, you’ll find that you only have three days left).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

55 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Are you sure about that, Jeff? I was under the distinct impression that the trial clock only starts when you first launch the app, but it runs continuously (so if you launch the app for a quick look a few days after installation and then come back to it a week later, you’ll find that you only have three days left).

No, I'm not sure at all!

That was certainly my understanding but I may well have got it wrong.  I often do!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

I have a Summacut d60.  I used to use Coreldraw  but these days I only use AD.  Select what you want to cut,  export as eps (export selected,  without background).  Import eps into cutting software (I use vinylmaster cut), add any boxes to make weeding easier and that's it. 

Windows 7 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM