You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, 

I have a set of plotting machines; that works with Adobe Illustrator. My projects stays around vector lines mostly.

I want to know if Affinity Designer will work with GRAPHTEC PLOTTING MACHINE before I make final purchase.

If not, are there hopes of getting this done?

Best regards

David-Abi

Hi, welcome to the Affinity forums.

Are you aware there is a strictly time-limited free trial available to download here?  This would allow you to test whether your plotting machine will work with AD as it is now.  Just remember that the trial period is only 10 days starting from when you install it, not when you first use it.

If it doesn't work currently I suspect only the developers can say whether your specific machine will be supported in the future.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

1 hour ago, emmrecs01 said:

Just remember that the trial period is only 10 days starting from when you install it, not when you first use it.

Are you sure about that, Jeff? I was under the distinct impression that the trial clock only starts when you first launch the app, but it runs continuously (so if you launch the app for a quick look a few days after installation and then come back to it a week later, you’ll find that you only have three days left).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

55 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Are you sure about that, Jeff? I was under the distinct impression that the trial clock only starts when you first launch the app, but it runs continuously (so if you launch the app for a quick look a few days after installation and then come back to it a week later, you’ll find that you only have three days left).

No, I'm not sure at all!

That was certainly my understanding but I may well have got it wrong.  I often do!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I have a Summacut d60.  I used to use Coreldraw  but these days I only use AD.  Select what you want to cut,  export as eps (export selected,  without background).  Import eps into cutting software (I use vinylmaster cut), add any boxes to make weeding easier and that's it. 

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM