MilitaryRaiden

Stroke rectangle equivalent in Affinity Photo (iPad)?

As far as I can remember, in Photoshop, stroke path creates a border selection around a selection. It’s not what I would use for a border.

In Photo, you can add a border to anything by using the fx (layer effects) Studio. Select Outline and put a solid line or gradient border.

I’m not sure that’s what you mean, or want?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

@toltec I want to put a border around an image. Problem with me being a newbie in Affinity is that I don’t know how to go about doing this. I think I did put a rectangular layer effect using outline but it just put a solid rectangle on top of the image thus hiding it. Any suggestions would be more that welcome.

E2322E1C-665F-4A52-B5ED-D7578A846705.jpeg.870ef349219d30575b02923fa4769c28.jpeg

Select the image layer, click on the fx Studio and it does put a border around the image.

Like my bird image above with a contour fx border. But it could have been solid.

0F2781F2-A94F-4587-8233-5F459ED52485.jpeg.975b1d8b3503808c02795acd0ba25f95.jpeg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Actually, when you draw any vector shape, it will automatically be stroked with the brush that you’re using. So you can adjust the width in your brush setting and choose the right color, and draw any shape using that brush

On 7/28/2018 at 7:00 AM, MilitaryRaiden said:

@toltec I want to put a border around an image. Problem with me being a newbie in Affinity is that I don’t know how to go about doing this. I think I did put a rectangular layer effect using outline but it just put a solid rectangle on top of the image thus hiding it. Any suggestions would be more that welcome.

Add a rectangle, slightly larger than image. Unclip your canvas. Nest image layer in rectangle layer. Done.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?