You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smudge type effect for videogame signature

Hello,
I am following a specific photoshop tutorial for a videogame type signature image for forums. I try to translate it to Affinity Photo but I am stuck. I need to smudge few copies of render image to make background. When I try to use smudge brush tool in AP after selecting duplicated layers in my project, copies become half transparent instead of "blured and stretched". I would like to create effect like in first attached image from tutorial. Second image with a bear creature is what happens when I try use smudge brush tool in AP and stretch the background. 

EF4lDvm.png

bearel.png

• Staff

Thank you for the file. You do not have a copy of the original file so it's hard to see if you had any transparent areas before. However,  you go near the edges, You would have transparent edges. Have a look at this. it might be helpful. 

Thanks for your time and answer.

There is image render tutorial is using. My image is with transparent background too, only showing the bear creature. 
Before smudging he used this kind of placement and then just simply smudged it to make a background. I try to recreate it in Affinity Photo.

I linked 3 images in this post uder the text to avoid attaching big files.

EDIT:
Thanks for the video, looks like Affinity use other name for a tool I have to use. Smudge brush tools makes different effect then I intend. I will work around with Paint Mixer Tool now, thanks once again :).