You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beer mug

thisldo

I usually mess about with cartoon-like images just for my fun and the pleasure of creating something.  Yesterday someone asked if I could create a beer image for a friend's birthday and I opened AD and came up with this.  I'm only sharing here since I usually look in here on a daily basis and admire all the talent and wanted to show that I do learn from y'all.   Most times I am a bit shy about showing what I have done since a good bit of it is amateurish at best, but I was pleased with how this came out. I am a staunch Affinity Designer fan!!

beer-mugLP2018.png

Good point  Tanjib.  Just shows up my lack of talent to see this  in the first place.  I only added the shadow as an afterthought to enhance the transparency feature....not for once thinking of how a shadow might actually fall.  I've much to learn. 

I often find that adding something as an afterthought can make things worse.
I think that something - which I can't quite put my finger on - is missing so I add a shadow or whatever, and I end up making it look wrong.
Sometimes less is better so I'm trying to get myself into the habit of looking at each element and asking "Does this need to be there?"
It doesn't always work - and it's difficult - but it's often good to try and review your own work from someone else's perspective, or just come back to it after not working on it for a few days.

1 hour ago, thisldo said:

Good point  Tanjib.  Just shows up my lack of talent to see this  in the first place.  I only added the shadow as an afterthought to enhance the transparency feature....not for once thinking of how a shadow might actually fall.  I've much to learn. 

Happy journey to learn new things :12_slight_smile: