You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo and Designer integration

Hello!

I watched AD for ipad keynote , where it was shown integration between designer and photo. Like when I can drag my file from designer to photo and edit it. I tried it. It worked.

But, can I place this imported designer document,  into affinity photo document? Like you do in desktop version with embedded documents?

I didnt find it. Also, is this possible to place affinity photo document into another affinity photo document? Didnt find such option.

Hope I explained myself clear,

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi mshustov,
Yes, it is. First you have to save the affinity document to a iCloud or to your iPad storage. You can do this from the Welcome Screen taping the small menu icon on the bottom right of the thumbnail of the file and selecting Save. The file will be saved to Designer folder in the iPad storage (on My iPad in the Files app) - as Untitled - or to Affinity Designer Folder in iCloud Drive again as Untitled depending on the setting you have on Affinity Designer Preferences General section on bottom. Then in Affinity Photo tap the ellipsis menu on the top left of the interface, select Place from Cloud, navigate to the folder where you saved it and select the file. Tap on canvas to actually place the file there.