You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I know this may sound silly, but I will ask anyway. One might say "why would you care"? But I like to keep my files clean.

First, I have "Save History With Document" checked. I have made a number of changes to my document. The last three (for example) changes I do not want to save, either in the document or the final image that I will export later.

So I do "Undo" or use the scrubber to place my history highlight in the correct place. When I save and close my document, I want the save process to abandon those three extra changes so that when I reopen the document, the history only shows to the point at which I saved.

I have not found a way to do this. I look forward to your reply.

After you undo your last 3 changes create a snapshot, then immediately restore that snapshot and save the document.

The history panel will then not show your last 3 changes but there will be a "restore snapshot" entry in their place.

No time at the moment to see if there is another way that eliminates the "restore snapshot" entry in the history but the above will create a cleaner history than you previous would have had

The main disadvantage of doing the above would be that an additional snapshot of your work is created which would presumably make your final file size bigger.  You can mitigate this increased file size to a point by also deleting the automatically created primary snapshot that occurs with every new image you open.  Fortunately deleting a snapshot does not (strangely) create a history entry so your history remains "clean" as regards that additional step.

Note:  The above is for AP, AD might be different

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks Carl. I like that beginning snapshot so that I can get back to my original photo quickly. I had been saving the original JPEG, but thanks to this information, I know that I can delete it.