You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iCloud Save/Sync Question

Hello, not sure if this is a bug, or expected behavior..

If I have opened a file from iCloud, I save my file (to iCloud) and then open it on my Mac to do some work on it.

If I then switch to designer on iPad again, the changes don't sync/show on the same 'opened file from cloud' within designer on ipad (this is the part that I'm not sure if this is a bug, or expected behavior), but if I browse the files in iCloud files app, I can see the changes have been synced. If I close said document on iPad, and then re-open it however, the changes are then reflected...

Just seems like it would be much nicer if the file has had changes made to it, were automatically reflected in the already 'Opened from Cloud' file on iPad Designer.

Other than that, stellar application guys, well done!

Thanks,

Ryan

• Staff

Hi RyanH!

Unfortunately this is expected behaviour, you'll need to close the file in Designer iPad and re-open it from cloud after your changes have been made on your Mac, as the file will not automatically update.

This is a feature our devs want to include in the future so hopefully it'll be possible in a future update :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hi Dan,

Thank you, I was leaning toward that it was expected behavior after searching the help, and not seeing anything about it, but just wanted to clarify, thank you! :)

Also nice to hear that it’s something that might be included in the future!

I’m sure you guys hear it all the time, but it’s such a great thing to know that Serif/Affinity has real conversations, etc with their customers :) 

Forgot to mention that I love the tutorial videos as well. I always look there (and the help) if I don’t know about how a tool or feature works— very much appreciated!

• Staff

Of course, I've moved this thread to our feature requests section of the forums so our devs know it's still an anticipated feature :)

We appreciate it! Our customers have made us the great company we are today and I'm more than proud to be a part of that community.

Thank you - I'll pass your kind comments through to our documentation & tutorial team :D

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...