You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello! Im primarily use coreldraw. I can align object to last selected item with one keystroke.

Can i create a shortcut to align an object to another object? The second object is the key object and cannot be moved. 

I know I can click the alignment button on the top menu and click "align to last selected but id like a make a keyboard shortcut of that.

Is that possible?

alignment.jpg

8 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @nateunnito,

You can set your own shortcuts in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Draw ( from the first drop-down)  > Layer ( from the second drop-down) .

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thanks Gabe. 

How can i get object A to align with object B without object B moving? Id like object b to remain in place.

• Staff

My mistake. You cannot set a shortcut for "align to". The shortcut will always move all layers and align them to the centre. It's basically a shortcut for Layer > Alignment. The extra dialogue requires you to press "ok" and cannot be achieved using a shortcut. Sorry :(

• 3 years later...

Hello Gabe, Don't you still have hotkeys or something for this problem?(2021) 

I used to be an Adobe user, In illustrator, after selecting all objects, just selecting the keyobject with shift button, we can align them to the key objects. That was so easy and quick.

Now, "aligning to the last selected object" needs many clicks and mouse move to align, it disturbs the drawing flow.  It'll be very very appreciated if you can add new function for that. Thank you a lot.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am doing a trial of Affinity Designer to see if it can be my replacement for Inkscape. I use align to first / last selected very frequently, sometimes over a 100 times per document I'm working on. When searching for a hotkey in Designer like found in competitor programs, the results are always someone saying you can set your own hotkeys followed by the original poster explaining they didn't understand the question and it's not possible to make a hotkey for that option. I've seen half a dozen posts all asking for the same thing stretching back years.

This seems like it would be easy to implement. The functionality is already there. Maybe I'll make a macro in AutoHotkey or something.