You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad Keeps crashing while working

Hello Everybody..

I bought the app yesterday from the iTunes and I was thrilled with its powerful tools and it was a dream came true

but not for too long, I was making a project and suddenly the app quit and when I opened it again there was a huge steps that I made hasn't been saved in the document

I feel very frustrated and I don't know what to do.. does anyone know what to do?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @HanyDesignZ:)

Which iPad Pro model do you have? What were you doing just before the app crashed?

It might help the developers if you could share the crash log. For a crash which occurred today, go to ‘Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data’ and look for a filename of the form 'Designer iPad-2018-07-24-hhmmss.ips’, where ‘hhmmss’ is a timestamp.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 months later...

Hi. I am having the same issue while working on a course to learn the program. I have an older iPad Pro. The program quits while doing digital inking. Lines do not display on artwork but it shows an empty curve in layers. I can sometimes get it to work by adjusting brush edits but after a few strokes it stops again. If I close it and reopen, the last several lines are not saved. I’m wondering if there is maybe a file size limit on the iPad? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Michelle, there are a few known bugs with the drawing features. I suggest you post your issue in the IPad Bugs thread and attach a screen recording showing the issue. The Moderators may then be able to identify the issue and or advice devs of a bug.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/