Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know how to uninstall and install fonts on an iPad?

I can’t seem to find any relevant information.

Thank you all in advance.


High-End Photographic Prints

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi DesignMeister :) 

1 hour ago, DesignMeister said:

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know how to uninstall and install fonts on an iPad?

Sorry, just to clarify; are you referring to within Designer or just on your iPad in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general really. I know how to add fonts in photo and Designer, but no idea how to uninstall from iOS in general.


High-End Photographic Prints

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem! As far as I know there's no native font library that can be accessed on iOS and no ability to natively install fonts. Most websites recommend font installer apps such as iFont or Anyfont but I've not used any of these personally.

Once your fonts are installed, you can view and delete them from your iPad through iOS settings, under Settings>General>Profiles. Any installed fonts will show here and can be removed from the system. Hope this helps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, however on iOS 11, there is no profile section in Settings > General??


High-End Photographic Prints

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies, the 'Profiles' option only shows if you have profiles installed! For example the iPad I'm using is enrolled in the iOS 12 beta and therefore I have an iOS Beta Software Profile which I can remove, but without any profile the option is hidden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Most websites recommend font installer apps such as iFont or Anyfont but I've not used any of these personally.

I use AnyFont and the ‘Install on iPad’ buttons which are displayed on the individual typeface pages on Font Squirrel. Both seem to work very smoothly.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Apologies, the 'Profiles' option only shows if you have profiles installed! For example the iPad I'm using is enrolled in the iOS 12 beta and therefore I have an iOS Beta Software Profile which I can remove, but without any profile the option is hidden.

That’s very interesting, Dan, but it seems an odd thing for Apple to have done! Anyway, if @DesignMeister installs the configuration profile for a font such as this one, he’ll be able to access the feature. :)

 

F49B2413-B7C0-4BF2-BBA6-DAAEE3D79C29.jpeg


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

‘Install on iPad’ buttons which are displayed on the individual typeface pages on Font Squirrel.

I wasn't aware you could install fonts from a browser... learn something new every day! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×