You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a graphical display tablet? I recently bought a XP-Pen 10s but the company itself is rude, support isn't helpful and the tablet is damaged I had to return it and now they're no longer in stock. I decided to just look else-where. 

My Budget is around £200-220 ($261.99-$228)

thanks

At that very exact budget, not doubts : Wacom Intuos MEDIUM (M). Not the Pro branch (price would go up). You are quite well set with that one. Don't feel tempted by the Small (S) size, unless you are exclusively doing Photo retouch, or vector design of not very complex/detailed designs, or pure pixel art. (some flash animators find it fine, too, but...)

I was going to recommend also Deco 03 from XP-PEN, but lol, wouldn't do any good here.

Wacom makes solid products, and very durable, they count on the test of the years, they have that advantage over everyone else, you don't go wrong with them, and Medium is a great size, typically. I would never ever get anything smaller than L models (Larger) , but that's probably just me. medium tends to work for most people. In the past, Intuos was to much of a basic option, compared to the Pro branch (indeed, the named changed often) but they have moved some features from the pro line towards basic Intuos, I'd say an Intuos medium is quite a golden purchase. Even when I usually recommend a Large model if you gotta use even a 30% of your time and production in pure line art.

In the Wacom's EU store (personally, for a Wacom product I'd go only to the company's store) I'm getting a price of 203 euros here.... That's around 237 $ USD, if I did right the conversion. Pretty solid purchase. I'd be really surprised if you'd regret it. 

PD: I am an illustrator, comic artist, pixel artist, I do photo retouch and general image edit, I make all sort of assets for games, and a lot of more stuff, professionally at companies and as a freelancer for many years. What I usually comment about tablets comes from experience with several tablet sizes and brands.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hello, thank you for your response. 

These kinds of Tablets don't have a display, do they? I could imagine it's pretty hard to draw a image without seeing the product where the pen meets. I may be wrong here but your opinion will sure clear things up. Looking forward to your response :)

I had a couple of Wacoms over the years, and they were fine, tho' pricey. I got a Huion after I started w. Affinity. The specs are as good as my older Wacoms, and the size for the price is much better. I've been satisfied.

You get used to watching the screen while moving a tablet stylus. Not nearly as hard as basic drawing instruction where I had to repeatedly try drawing without ever looking at my work surface. 

Tablet computers tend to be expensive. I tried one some years ago, and found it hard to use for art purposes. Too unwieldy, rather slow. I currently have the large iPad Pro. Tho' the touch response w the iPencil is outstanding, the drawing area is rather small, and the tablet itself is rather heavy. As a comparison w. traditional media, a piece of paper taped to a thin piece of plywood, or a stiff illu board is much lighter. I guess I need an iEasel.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

1 hour ago, MrSkills said:

These kinds of Tablets don't have a display, do they? I could imagine it's pretty hard to draw a image without seeing the product where the pen meets. I may be wrong here but your opinion will sure clear things up. Looking forward to your response :)

Hi, MrSkills

You are right -- most of the graphics tablets discussed above do not include a display.  I just did a quick check of Amazon UK and it looks like a minimum price of £400 for a graphics tablet monitor, such as the ones by Ugee and Huion, which are analogous to Wacom's Cintiq line.  

Something to know about graphics tablet monitors is that because of the glass, there is a little gap between the physical pen tip and its digital location in the image, about 1 or 2 mm, which some people call parallax -- so they are also not quite the same as drawing directly on paper.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:05 PM, MrSkills said:

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a graphical display tablet? I recently bought a XP-Pen 10s but the company itself is rude, support isn't helpful and the tablet is damaged I had to return it and now they're no longer in stock. I decided to just look else-where. 

My Budget is around £200-220 ($261.99-$228)

thanks

Hello @MrSkills Well it's not easy but your request have inspired me to look around and i found these Pen Display Tablet
Believe that the same type of stuffs are pricy if you look at Wacom ... so, it's a good starting point.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Thanks for all your responses. I'd just like to confirm.. It is easy to draw using the non-display ones? I'd be happy to buy one with no display but I'm sure It would be difficult to draw whilst looking up at my monitor instead of where my pen meets the Tablet

4 hours ago, MrSkills said:

It's a habit that u train. It has advantages, as typically leads to better habits for your back, neck and eyesight, IMO. And mostly, if it breaks, waaay cheaper to replace than even an alternative display tablet. Today I have no issue with pen-tablets, tho I admit is been a long training, and this has been my job for long.

4 hours ago, gdenby said:

Tablet computers tend to be expensive. I tried one some years ago, and found it hard to use for art purposes. Too unwieldy, rather slow. I currently have the large iPad Pro. Tho' the touch response w the iPencil is outstanding, the drawing area is rather small, and the tablet itself is rather heavy. As a comparison w. traditional media, a piece of paper taped to a thin piece of plywood, or a stiff illu board is much lighter. I guess I need an iEasel.

Agreeing on that about the iPad Pro. Size is the issue, that'll be your screen... I see it more of an extra device to continue the work for short session and specific tasks, rather than a real replacement, but this has been debated for long, and am practically alone, there. I can only speak about my professional experience, only, not anyone else's.

The day Apple (that is... never) starts to think in making a huge tablet, I might be in saving tons of money (but I mean no less than 19 inches, lol. So, never. If anything, I might opt by a 22" pen-display alternative. And surely, neither to carry the major weight of my long sessions. As would be an iPad pro, just for shorter session and very specific works. )

3 hours ago, k410 said:

Hi, MrSkills

You are right -- most of the graphics tablets discussed above do not include a display.  I just did a quick check of Amazon UK and it looks like a minimum price of £400 for a graphics tablet monitor, such as the ones by Ugee and Huion, which are analogous to Wacom's Cintiq line.  

Beware the "below 400"  threshold. There's always issues. It'd take me to write a book for each of the alternative models (in every brand) . Usually u get what you paid for. Some ppl would tell u that's an exaggeration, but maybe they do not care for color accuracy, or (what happens in many of those huions) ghost effect for a too bad refresh (ms) in the screen. Or many other quality related issues (that actually are thing to look in ANY screen. And/or issues in the pens (jitter in most non battery-free, etc).

Good that you lined the Huions, as per reference from some friends, it seems that a very good model to purchase now is indeed the highest end of them (and I could list you reasons why I wouldn't go with the cheaper ones) , that is, the Kamvas GT 221 Pro. Surely THAT one I would not regret to buy.

Indeed, I have narrowed a lot what I recommend as tablets, having kind of favorites in every price range :

- Around 100 $ , surely at Aamazon but first hand from the actual company, the Deco 03 from XP-PEN.  Seems to be a great tablet, by all references I have. Is actual larger than medium size at the price of the Wacom Small. So, at this price range you have the Intuos SMALL (S) . I ONLY recommend Wacom S  if you are ONLY going to use it for photo retouch. And/or only for pixel art, and/or only for graphic design that does not need accurate hand writing, or line art hand drawn, ever. For retouch, is a very good tablet. Anyway, Wacom is yet the more durable and reliable brand. IMHO.

- Around 200 $ , the Wacom Intuos MEDIUM (M). Is a very nice and round purchase. I do not recommend it for line art inking (comics, etc) Unless you are ready to use quite line stabilizers, specially if you are trained with those already, and know what you miss by using them. Or have a magic pulse already with any wacom (I "kind of" have it, after long training with wacom, even when I had it in traditional paper since day one, so, inkers beware. I probably would not be able to be very accurate, tho, with a M tablet, despite the long training (I use a XL). )

- 400 bucks ----> GOLDEN PURCHASE RIGHT NOW, and my best advice for a serious drawing device for illustration : The Wacom LARGE (L) Is at a -100 bucks discount right now, dunno why (well, almost surely to fight aggressively against the chinese pen-displays in this price range and a bit higher). I don't recommend Paper version as I have my doubts about it. But does not necessarily harm to have it, could be good for inking. But without it, the 400 $ is really a right price for such a jewel. best professional purchase, IMO. This is a tablet that WILL serve you for advanced work, no matter what. yet tho, to some people, it can be discouraging if they've never used a normal tablet. The thing is: If you get used to one, you then DO have two options: The sustainable one, ie, pen-tablets, or the expensive, easy way, bnut harder on ergonomics, too, pen-displays. IE, I can go just with both. I choose to stay in pen-tablets, tho. Having that freedom and skill is great. Also, makes you a ton faster and accurate when you handle a pen-display than someone who never mastered that, for obvious reasons, among them, that the magnetic field, and the pen, are actually the same tech. And you mastered that to a much higher difficulty level.

- Then, I'd skip the 470 - 600 range as a whole, as IMO, there u are better of staying in the 400 Large one. It is only worth to make the jump to the 800 -900 $ products.

I would only go for the 470 - 650 range if I was NOT planning professional use (mere hobbyist, but probably not for kids or teenagers (maybe yep college students in their 20s, ONLY if self-disciplined enough for handling it not longer than 2- 4 hour sessions), IMO, this solution is not the healthier and most ergonomic: I would not make this gift to a kid, but this advice I extend to other pen-displays and tablets, is my personal opinion, can be arguable, but am firmly convinced about it after seeing certain cases already, unless the session hours would be able to be tightly controlled ! rarely possible, these days. ), and wouldn't care getting a horrid TN panel, bad view angles, bad screen refresh (constant ghosting) , unprofessional color accuracy, even with software and hardware calibration, jitery lines brushes, more driver issues, etc, etc. So, IMO, for pros, this is not a good price range, not for pen-displays. If anything, would surely fit Wacom Large again, just with Paper module (again, highly unsure if is of any good for inkers, I have no pro feedback for that (ie, personally don't know other comic authors or line-art illustrators using it)).

- 899 $. Exactly the KAMVAS GT-221 Pro. I do not risk to recommend any other thing. (well, the Yiynova top model is good, too)

I could recommend 16" range for very specific people, and speciall y the Artisul 16 pro version and XP-PEN 16 pro. These two are among the only alternatives (both 22 and 16 inches sizes included, sad fact is this accuracy level have not hit yet the 22 sizes, surely for tech reasons) supporting a 92 to a 94 % of Adobe RGB color space. Which is amazing. You need to go to a cintiq 24 to (ouch, 2k $) get this kind of thing. As at 1.5 k, hating 16 inches for drawing. I can't recommend that in any case. So, those two 16 inches models are interesting for that, and its price (450 the Artisul 16, 490 the XP-PEN pro 16). I did not include them in the 470 - 600 range, as I do not consider 16 inches screen size a serious option. Also, as the quality of these screens is well above, surely even over the KAMVAS GT-221 Pro. And still , a much worse purchase than the GT-221 Pro.

- 1700 $ The Cintiq 22 HD (they call it non pro, now,. Is just the previous gen) For me, this model does not really make sense since we have now Dell Canvas( next option) . Unless you are on a Mac (Canvas is WIndows 10 only ! ), this price range is IMO gained by Dell Canvas. As the below product can be trusted as indeed HIGHER quality than this wacom 22 product.

- 1800 $ Dell Canvas 27. totally deluxe thing, at way cheape price that Cintiqs of this -tested- quality.  Is a 27 " screen, with quality that is clearly high end. IE, 100% ADOBE RGB color space ! Still, way cheaper than the Cintiqs of this size. If you are on Windows 10 (or can be), THIS is the way to go, at this price range, IMO.  Unless you dislike working in a gorgeous 27 inches workspace. I'd LOVE that.

- 2000 $. The Cintiq PRO 24 (yeah, no 16, even less 13.. But is my take, I respect every opinion). Please, notice the pro part. They've yet made it again a bit confusing with the naming. This means is the current gen, of course for Windows AND Mac (is main difference with the Dell Canvas, plus size), with 8192 levels of pressure, an outstanding parallax, way much better pen in general, etc.  It is a tough decision to go for this one or the Dell Canvas. Probably most of us are good enough with a 24 inches size (27 is better, imo) , and u don't get to notice the difference between 100% Adobe RGB and 98% Adobe RGB color space support (well, I don't). The Dell Canvas comoes with my hardware calibrator: i1 Display from X-Rite, which is quite a good one, so, yep, clearly shows the pro side of the Dell Canvas, too. These are two extremely good devices. Go for it if u have the money. To be 100% sincere, I would go definitely for BOTH a Large, L Intuos Pro, AND one of these, if I had that kind of money to put there, as I don't trust myself been comfortable the 10-12 hours sessions, I've worked like that with a Cintiq, before. Is great to have both things, specially in a 2 machines setup, which is, IMO, the ideal way to go, no matter what.

Going higher than this price range.. IMO is less sustainable, and not that you really earn a lot... Considering you can do totally pro work already with a Wacom Medium or a Deco 03 ! You just go earning comfort and speed with each step, being, IMO, a L a very good fit for most pros and semi-pros.

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

7 minutes ago, MrSkills said:

Thanks for all your responses. I'd just like to confirm.. It is easy to draw using the non-display ones? I'd be happy to buy one with no display but I'm sure It would be difficult to draw whilst looking up at my monitor instead of where my pen meets the Tablet

It depends on each individual. For many, it is hard. And it depends a lot in what are you going to draw, and the size of the tablet. 

Digital painting, like with oils and acrylics, you are good to go with a Wacom Medium or Deco 03 (100 bucks). 

Photo retouch, again, easy with even the Wacom Small.

Pixel art, could do the Small , too.

The problem is accurate line drawing, specially inking. Here I can only recommend from Wacom Large size and up, or a pen-display. OR... using line stabilizers, but this again varies a lot from one person to another.

What is your field / planned usage ?

9 minutes ago, MrSkills said:

Happy that you got good help @MrSkills, you also have helped peoples like me to check again and find more.
Have a look at XP-Pen tablets and see if it's okay with you. 
Deco 3 seems to be a good option.

Have a look here too, as Huion is a good alternative to Wacom
Personally i would go for Q11K model but still thinking about the HUION WH1409 V2 which offers a wide drawing space with good pressure sensitivity, works wireless ... not only that; it has a good price for what it is.

in fact, have a look and watch review on Youtube and decide.
i use Wacom One (small tablet) and really thinking about updating the thing (will use it only on windows laptop for video editing training).

Blessings.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Funnily enough, there's a generation, younger than me, who did not train in traditional skills, have learnt with a wacom directly. And can't often use a pen-display, as , "the hand gets in the way"...it makes me laugh everytime. Some of them are really talented, but it happens this to them...

And a much younger generation, millennials , am afraid are gonna be used only to pen-displays and iPad Pro like solutions. That's not terrible, though, as in a way, is a bit of a coming back to traditional painting. They are getting used since start with the hand in the way, and ipad users, even to not seeing the cursor, which is the major complain -one of them- of wacom users trying the iPad Pro and Pencil.

I'd say generally is way way easier a pen-display. As is direct, intuitive, and what you are probably used to if you have painted on real canvas or drawn on paper.

About if more convenient, it depends. I don't see it the best fit for the only tool to have, same as I don't see an iPad pro as the one and only tool to have, instead of alternate it with other setup (which obviously is idea, but crazily expensive)...or not so much: A Deco 03 + a Huion pen-display, is practically the price of thge Huion alone. and... a really good setup.

Indeed. Probably that's quite a good adivce :  A Huion KAMVAS GT 221 Pro + Deco 03 . The deco 03 is just 100 bucks. If you happen to have a laptop, is not as big as to not fit in a big enough bag. Kindda adds portability, u cant carry that huion. And having alrady a laptop, means a portable drawing system, way cheaper than 1200 for the ipad path (as would need pencil and surely the keyboard). I've used a similar setup to go drawing to places, and worked nicely.

For some one already having GOOD SKILL,, the eye-screen coordination trained by using for long a Intuos, even if small (or specially, as is much harder for controlled lines, so you train more) has its ideal purchase in terms of quality/cost ratio the 400 bucks on a Intuos Pro Large. Gets so the much better accuracy and work space of the L, for way less bucks than a good enough pen-display (that would match a L accuracy + pro monitor that the user already probably has) and good ergonomics for very long sessions (even if I recommend not staying more than 8 hours, with breaks, if you can actually do so.

3 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

i use Wacom One (small tablet) and really thinking about updating the thing (will use it only on windows laptop for video editing training).

Blessings.

I recommend you the Deco 03. It is way better than the Wacom One, which is actually a rename of an older (2 or more gens behind now, I believe, from current) as Deco 03, besides being one of the very few non-wacom with actual lab certifications passed, and of the few alternatives with battery-free pens (better to avoid jittery lines, iPad Pro recharges the pencil, but is another world of quality, it doesn't matter)  , it has every single feature much better than the Wacom One : 1024 vs 8192 levels of pressure, 2540 lpi versus 5080 lpi, active area of  152 x 95 mm versus 254  x 142 mm (Wacom One MEDIUM is 216 x 135 mm, still smaller active area than Deco 03's, tho. As current Wacom medium (pro or normal intuos) has it smaller, also), 133 rps versus 266 rps (double !) , great to avoid lag, and have a nice response (paired with good lpi value),  and IMO,  some advantages in design.

I'd go the Wacom Large route if having the 400 budget. But if not, the Deco 03 is a good fit. And is a lower risk being that kind of budget (100 us $). But don't buy second hand , just xp-pen seller in Amazon....

(will use it only on windows laptop for video editing training).

Edit: hadn't read it fully... I don't see a need to replace the tablet then just for that... sincerely. I thought you were illustrating. Even a Small can do good for that.

I have the Huion 1409 V1.

24 minutes ago, Arnaud Mez said:

Have a look here too, as Huion is a good alternative to Wacom
Personally i would go for Q11K model but still thinking about the HUION WH1409 V2 which offers a wide drawing space with good pressure sensitivity, works wireless ... not only that; it has a good price for what it is.

For my iPad, I was able to get a plastic screen film that has a little drag, like paper. As far as I know, there is nothing like this available for the Huion, tho' if I could find a source for the plastic in generic sizes, I could make one. I'd do that because the main downside of the Huion (unlike one of my old Wacoms) is that the stylus skates across the slippery surface. Just this after noon,  had to do lots of undos when the tip skidded.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

4 minutes ago, SrPx said:

I recommend you the Deco 03. It is way better than the Wacom One, which is actually a rename of an older (2 or more gens behind now, I believe, from current) as Deco 03, besides being one of the very few non-wacom with actual lab certifications passed, and of the few alternatives with battery-free pens (better to avoid jittery lines, iPad Pro recharges the pencil, but is another world of quality, it doesn't matter)  , it has every single feature much better than the Wacom One : 1024 vs 8192 levels of pressure, 2540 lpi versus 5080 lpi, active area of  152 x 95 mm versus 254  x 142 mm (Wacom One MEDIUM is 216 x 135 mm, still smaller active area than Deco 03's, tho. As current Wacom medium (pro or normal intuos) has it smaller, also), 133 rps versus 266 rps (double !) , great to avoid lag, and have a nice response (paired with good lpi value),  and IMO,  some advantages in design.

I'd go the Wacom Large route if having the 400 budget. But if not, the Deco 03 is a good fit. And is a lower risk being that kind of budget (100 us $). But don't buy second hand , just xp-pen seller in Amazon....

Hey @SrPx i really enjoy reading this.
Well ... Deco 03 is really good choice yes but please tell me what you think about HUION WH1409 V2 ?
I mean, i'm not using 2 or 3 software for 
doing my day to day projects; i'm Serif only (the Affinity range of products) i've shifted the other so that i can have enough space to learn and master what need to be mastered and bring much colors to this somehow BW world (at least my country :D)

So, i would appreciate if your advice is 75% based on experience with Serif Affinity products, it believe that if it fits with Affinity then it will fit the others too because they are more taken in consideration by manufacturer than what we (in this forum and community) have chosen to use nodally basis.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Arnaud.... It doesn't seem fine, BUT... I wouldn't.... At least, not over the Deco 03.

Anyway, all, always of my advice in tablets (little or big of what I know about the matter) is not thinking on Affinity products. A tablet can last a lot, if well treated. So, I recommend thinking about any software. I indeed use mostly non affinity products, except for vector stuff, today (that might change). I wouldn't modify the criteria for Affinity... We are speaking about products that seem to work with Affinity: Several users have reported to be using fine deco 03. And definitely Wacom seems to work (with some specific cases where stuff happens from time to time). Even thinking on a user that mostly use Affinity, yup, I keep my above recommendations just the same....

What i can think of comparing the Deco 03 and this huion wh1409.

- It's more expensive! The Huion is about 25 bucks more.

- It's -and this is my main argument against it- battery based! The pen. This can lead to jittery lines, tends to make the pens heavier, and you need to remember to recharge. In this case, not so much as it disconnect its own after some time of inactivity.  BUT... I remember several devices with this kind of stuff to get easierly wrecked with the years. For me durability is key, too, and we know Wacom is durable, but we have not sufficient data yet to know that the others ar AS durable. It is said about Dec 03 to be pretty solid. I'd treat ANY tablet with tons of care, tho, and so can last a decade or more (tested, I have a intuos 1, intuos 2 Pro Small, and a bunch others, and except a Graphire 4 which suffered a crash, all work perfect yet). EDIT: WOAH. Sorry. Doesn't apply. V1 was battery based. V2 is battery free ! So, for now the price and not having usage references from any pro as good as frm the Deco 03 are the main cons. It did slip also as typically Huion's tablet have battery based pens ! 

So, from here I'd stop considering it, but will give u  my full opinion, in case serves you for something :)

- It is bigger in active area that Deco 03. Nice point, but Deco 03 is large enough for most use cases. In theory, the 1409 v2 should be better for lineart and comic, which is sth you don't do, but it all depends on how it behaves. I have serious pro opinion about how would and accurate t he Deco 03 is, but none about this other model. Again, probably if you work with some UI of deep complexity, many elements, a larger tablet  might make it easier for you than a small one. Maybe. Or maybe not, as you aren't mainly drawing. As you are not doing line-art, consider the space it takes in your desktop. Sometimes, easier and faster access to the keyboard and removing a minimal space so you can easily access the mouse, pen and keyboard, might be more important than tablet size, for non drawing uses, or for mainly photo retouch or video edit.

Considering the vids (2) I have just now seen to help u, (didn't see 'em complete, sorry, skimmed through them) the response seems good, and pressure seems good too.

As always, remember to fully wipe out any shadow of a wacom or any tablet driver, fully, then install the new drivers, or it will give all sort of problems, like with most tablets happens.

Now, going to the actual specs of the tablet :

- Response time of the pen :  266 rps. Same as Deco 03.

- Battery free pen. Like Deco 03.

- Active area (means the drawing zone, not the full tablet size) : +1 for the Huion, is significantly larger than the already bigger than Wacom (M),  Deco 03. It is 13.8 x 8.6in, Which is 350 x 218 mm. Way bigger than 254  x 142 mm from Deco 03, or 216 x 135 mm from Wacom (Medium). But my fear is... while on the paper, that is better, I have no sincere feedback from any pro, friend, etc.

- 8192 levels of pressure, same than Deco 03.

- Reading heigth, 10mm, same as Deco 03. Good to go.

- Express keys + 1 for Huion, has 2x. 12 vs Deco 03 having six, but...

-...Deco 03 counts on a dial. This is what I mostly use in my Wacom XL, the dial, more than the express button keys...

- OS support Mac and Windows both. but Deco 03 support Mac OS since 10.8, the huion, from 10.12. Both from win 7 and up.

- Both 8 replacement nibs. The Deco 03 seems to come with a glove...

- It seems the Huion is wireless, but provides USB connection (thankfully, as I hate the response speed/interference issues I've had with some wireless devices. As  it has the option of wired too, not a negative point for me.)

- Huge point in favor of Deco 03. : It counts on quite some lab certifications. This can be important or not depending on each case. But tends to be an important aspect.

- the 125 bucks price is a con for the Huion, as Deco 03 costs 100. But even more, as 125 is a pre-sale price. I expect that to go higher, an dunno how much.

So, all in all: Two similar tablets. Size plays in favor of the Huion clearly, but I'd have to see a video of V2 (and I seem not being able to find any V2 one, must be very recent) doing detailed work, while I have seen detailed videos of the deco 03 doing quite well....I don't have solid feedback (heck, not even video reviews of the v2 version) from the Huion model. Which is major issue, for me...

So, I'd still go for Deco 03. Unless getting enough feedback about the Huion model, or at least from someone like me having tested it. Even just that....

making the pen battery free....exactly 8192 pressure levels...making it even bigger than the already big Deco 03...exact same response time , 266 rps. Way too  many coincidences. This a more recent model , so, obviously Huion have suffered the impact of Deco 03, and is trying  to compete with exact thing and user target, just doing it bigger.... 

Maybe in a pair of months would be a better purchase: In that time, pros reviews would have shown up (they need to contact some artist, some talented one, make a review, that it reaches enough users (but ppl looking for tablets is not the regular youtube user: these find the reviews even from unknown users)) but right now, not enough feedback to take the plunge. And the issue is: Tho trying to compete, is clearly more expensive than the Deco 03, and once the reviews start to show u p, the pre-sale price would be no more, so it'd be even more expensive.

In brand name: XP-Pen is older, but has somewhat worse feedback in support than Huion has. Huion is probably the one among alternatives with better name in that. And in the pen-displays at least, the best feedback as product quality, RMA, less issues, etc. Reason why, an due to feedback, specs, reviews, I recommend the single model I recommend in Huion brand for pen-displays.

I'd probably go with the Deco 03 (lab certifications, and certain PROs feedback do win  me), but you surely wont go wrong with the Huion, either. 

Edit II : Strictly attending to specs, if high quality feedback was not important, and we would expect not to find any bad surprise, on the paper the HUION is way bigger, so, it should help for more accuracy for line art. Or anything requiring a lot of accuracy. Also, it is said that Deco 03 is made as a harder surface than usual... But also has a stronger minimal level to register a line stroke, so u gotta press harder, dunno if in the end ppl will scratch it more, despite it been sturdier than any alternative, probably even than Wacoms. I know I wouldn't, but am extra careful.

Edit III : I believe I forgot as well to mention that both tablets are 5080 dpi, which combines well  (explanation:  a good rps value is nothing in low res for good following of the movement and good lines/curves) with the 266 rps (reports per second) of both battery free pens.

• 2 weeks later...

To those it may interest on this thread (if you can).
Case 1: Upgrade your Windows 1to build 1803 (if not yet); clean the system; upgrade to your recent drawing tablet drivers and enjoy.
Case 2: Or, you can ... backup everything on your PC/Laptop, install a fresh new copy of windows 10 build 1803 (don't forget related updates), install latest version of your drawing tablet drivers and ... enjoy !

the second case is what i actually did on my laptop (second production unit) and ... my Wacom One CL-671 never worked so well, almost no lag; Yes ! still need to test it more with Affinity Photo and Designer but it's okay and even Affinity Photo Beta (119) works like a charm (small bugs but it's better than when i was using build 1709 of windows 10)

hope this help someone to make his life even better.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF