Afuste

Slice Export to Folder not Working iOS 12

I can export slices to iCloud Drive without any problems, but exporting to Dropbox just doesn't happen. However, I can save and open files from Dropbox, as well as Save a copy'. Is it certain that this is a Dropbox bug, and not an issue with AD?

I have the same issue—will not export to dropbox, at all. Exporting to dropbox using Files works fine in every other app I use—including Affinity Photo, and the Export function in Designer. I really doubt this is a Dropbox issue.

On top of the app crashing regularly, on a brand new 2018 iPad Pro, it’s been a frustrating few months on Designer. Hope some bug fixes are on their way.

I'd just like to second that not being able to export to dropbox affects me, too. I hope that you're working on a fix if that's possible.

Oooh - just ran into this one too.  I thought I was going mad.  Looking forward to a fix - pah-lease! 

On a fun little learning curve with Affinity. Or a vector curve. One of the two. Just a writer learning to draw.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:58 PM, TextusGames said:

How am i supposed to use this app without normal ability to export?

To be clear the app is able to export. If you are referring specifically to being able to export slices, yes it can do that too. The (minor) issue appears to be when exporting 'slices' to Dropbox. The app can export slices locally or to iCloud as a workaround. Yes it’s annoying that fixes take so long and not being able to use Dropbox for exporting Slices, but realistically it can hardly be reason to prevent use of app. Just my viewpoints. 9_9

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

On 9/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, Paul Mudditt said:

Edited again: The design you are using is protected from export, I also picked one of the Serif vector samples and repeated your problems, my fail.

To check, you should see this warning message on a simple export, they really should say the same warning message on slice export too but it appears to be missing hence both of us chase an export bug, sigh.

This appears to be the issue I am facing. I have opened one of the sample pieces, created my own work, deleted what was originally there but now I am stuck with no way to export. Am I going to have to start over again? I can't even copy and paste my work from this file to another.

15 hours ago, d38mx7ao said:

This appears to be the issue I am facing. I have opened one of the sample pieces, created my own work, deleted what was originally there but now I am stuck with no way to export. Am I going to have to start over again? I can't even copy and paste my work from this file to another.

It’s basically copyrighted material I guess, so can’t be used for the basis for anything. It’s just a talented users work open for examination of how they did it. Start again with a fresh idea I’d suggest.

Affinity Photo 1.7, Designer 1.7, Publisher 1.7 on MACOS Catalina Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

3 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

It’s basically copyrighted material I guess, so can’t be used for the basis for anything. It’s just a talented users work open for examination of how they did it. Start again with a fresh idea I’d suggest.

They should lock the entire files for editing then so this cannot happen. Or at least notify users in some way that is this is the case rather than just not allowing export with no explanation as to why. This is massive flaw and it's clear from the responses that I am not the only one that has fallen foul to this.