You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer iPad Color Palette Import?

Any news on that issue? I would love to be able to have my standard color palettes being able to import on my iPad versions.

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

On 5/21/2020 at 12:12 PM, MEB said:

I'm sure it will end up being added at some point. 

Are you still really sure?

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

20 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @transitdiagrams,
No news here, sorry. I've bumped our report to bring this up to developer's attention again. Thanks for your feedback/support.

Thanks a lot 😃

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am very surprised, A that this wasn't implemented from the start and B that after 3 years of requesting this, it still hasn't been implemented or addressed for that matter... 

If it's not going to get resolved can we at least get some kind of explanation??

Guys you've got to start reading and responding to your own users forum. 

3 minutes ago, animositysomina said:

Yeah. I‘m still waiting. About half a year ago I even messaged them in Twitter. There they responded that they are going to solve this. Just sad. It‘s a basic function and not some otherworldly magic. 😒

Yeah. It's a pity. When I completely switched from Adobe to Affinity products a few years ago, I was fascinated by how quickly they developed features in this software. It is gradually weakening. 😞

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Moti said:

+1 I need this.. Devs please do not ignore this simple request from many of your customers

+1 from me too.

Until then, what’s working for me is having a “master document”, with all the palettes needed saved beforehand, which I use for all the projects I’m working on. I can either import the swatches via the desktop software and use the document in Affinity for iPad, or manually on iPad itself (“add document palette”). As an iPad only user, I know that sometimes the palettes don’t register, so if I plan to add palletes is a good idea to save the document, reopen the app and verify if the palletes are registered. All the best!

90DAB9CF-11DF-4B94-B77E-E42C6B2346F3.png

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

any news?

• 2 months later...

Hello? I also very much want this feature. While I do have the desktop version (and the other affinity properties, photo and publisher) I spend the vast majority of my time on my iPad. I’m super glad to have an option that isn’t Adobe, at the same time, having features like uploading palettes is pretty important too. A little help here please.

• 3 weeks later...

2022 and this feature to import swatches to the ipad version still isn’t available? I had to save the various color palettes I have to a document from my Mac affinity designer but then when i bring it to the ipad i see the palettes in that document but if i want it in the application I have to use all the colors individual to recreate the palettes shm when will a simple import function be available??? This thread was started in 2018 and we are going on to 2023…

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 3:31 AM, Jaa33009 said:

2022 and this feature to import swatches to the ipad version still isn’t available? I had to save the various color palettes I have to a document from my Mac affinity designer but then when i bring it to the ipad i see the palettes in that document but if i want it in the application I have to use all the colors individual to recreate the palettes shm when will a simple import function be available??? This thread was started in 2018 and we are going on to 2023…

same here! really need it... now it's not possible to work on the go with my iPad when I cannot use my color palettes from my projects... 😞

• 1 month later...

Um, so… I’m assuming support for this hasn’t changed, as I just spent 30 minutes wondering what I was doing wrong, only to realize that this was never implemented on iPad. As much as I love using the Affinity apps it’s getting really old routinely running into the long-standing limits of the current releases.