You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity publisher on Ipad

In the launch event last week, it was said, that Serif is working on an iPad version of Publisher, including StudioLink with Designer and Photo personas, and that it will come out next year.

My thoughts: Bringing Publisher to iPad is a big job and I assume it will require iPadOS 13 (more file and folder features, might be needed for linked files and an easy way to install fonts on iPad). Be patient.

For the time being you can open and — to a degree — work on Publisher files in Photo and Designer on iPad when you install the newest updates (launched last week alongside Publisher for desktop).

On 6/23/2019 at 2:14 PM, Jens Krebs said:

Be patient.

For the time being you can open and — to a degree — work on Publisher files in Photo and Designer on iPad when you install the newest updates (launched last week alongside Publisher for desktop).

I will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion. 

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

• 2 weeks later...

I am totally down for Publisher on iPad! Oh, please make this happen. I just switched to Affinity Photo & Designer a few days ago and I immediately cancelled my Adobe subscription. It's definitely a learning curve but still way better. Having Publisher on the iPad would be excellent! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the delay or the never never of  getting it on the iPad has much to do with the ongoing bug squashing on the desktop versions. I never saw or heard fully committed existence of Publisher on the iPad. the language was vague with an emphasis instead on file compatibility across platforms and common to all three apps.

But, I do agree that seeing the trio on at least the Pro iPads first would have done a great deal of positive marketing for Serif.

The original announcements did seem to imply iPad. In other forums and even on other social media, people were chomping at the bit to leave Adobe. With changes that involve battling an incumbent, you know what you can't buy back: timing, timing, timing.

Yes, publisher for ipad pro. I will love it.. I do not have Windows, and my 4 year old mac will not be renewed (last use: April). Yes, I write books, with lots of Affinity Designer illustrations, and the iPad has proven a really strong tool for that.

It is already bad enough that Designer 1.7.3 is not available on iPad. The iPad ought to be the primary platform. Not "mobile first", but "tablet first".

The grapes are sour :-)   

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Waiting here as well. Using Designer and Photo on the iPad. Doing one piece in Publisher on my aging Mac. Definitely not getting another desktop, as can’t doing my work on the go. Being mobile also acts as a camera in tablets and smart phones. 

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)