You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi can any forum members help or direct me to a video tutorial to enable the clock tower (only the clock tower) to be straightened.  The rest of the picture is reasonably correct.  The Banska Bystrica Clock Tower does lean to the left like the tower in Pisa, but it is not a curved lean !   Please see the attached image.  Thanks in advance.

stiched-pan-bb-clock and castle-1-lens-trial-4-900-web.jpg

Hi To D Wright, Hello from a sunny Banska Bystrica.

I managed to do what you suggested before I posted my question,  but the problem is that lens distortion works on other areas of the image and now the area below the statue has become curved,,,,,,,

Yes the leaning clock tower is much better than before in your returned image.  Maybe there is no solution that will only work on one specific area of an image.

I’m not at my computer or I would post a picture. However, this should be fix-able using the “Mesh Warp” tool.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

These were done. on myiPad (using my big, fat fingertips) so precision is lacking. But here’s the idea...

Mesh Warp set to Source

9571448E-F07C-4F1C-B50B-418BF50E479B.thumb.jpeg.d0f602a20ec7a3212a84b2fc921a4dbc.jpeg

Mesh Warp then set to Destination

93EA62A0-AB83-4306-ADDC-076EB7AE07CE.thumb.jpeg.d1b0c6904db6ca81d923c5fffe929150.jpeg

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Hi smadell, What a pity you guys are not in my home town of Banska Bystrica.  I owe you a beer or maybe three.  Below is my first attempt at using the mesh warp tool. When I was an apprentice printer we were still using copper plates that had been etched from a glass master screen in ferric acid..........  So I have a lot to learn.

PS Take a look at the video I made for beer brewed in Banska Bystrica, when I was on holiday in La Rochelle.  I am a bit better at video than single images.  Well maybe. I will be 72 tomorrow. The link might not appear because I have set some restrictions on Vimeo....... We will see. I can send the link by e-mail to anyone interested.   Thanks a million for helping me

https://vimeo.com/user57039819/urpiner-passes-lips-other-beers-dont-meet

500611332_stiched-pan-bb-clockandcastle-1-lens-trial-4-mesh-warp-web.thumb.png.f010958e885c165109358e14c2c163a0.png

You can slice/duplicate the tower into 3 parts, from the top to just below the cuckoo box

Rotate (i.e. straighten) and stack the parts on top of each other then align with the rest of the tower

Inpaint out any of the old tower that shows through and tweak as necessary

tower.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi to the Forum members,

OK I am reasonably satisfied with my image below now.  Not perfect but good enough for what I need this image for.

Affinity Forum is the best Forum I have ever come across.  Thanks again fro such effective help......................

Regards John Edwin Skelton in exile in the Slovak Republic.

800152446_stiched-pan-bb-clockandcastle-4-final-mesh-warp-full-web.thumb.jpg.6c8ce687d6ab5e281377d4e6d5985dd8.jpg

1 hour ago, Yorkie Bar Kid said:

The Banska Bystrica Clock Tower

1 hour ago, KitKat1947 said:

Hello from a sunny Banska Bystrica.

Did you really mean to create two separate forum accounts, John? Perhaps a moderator could merge them for you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Alfred,  Thanks for informing me.  I was not really aware that there are two accounts in operation, Maybe it stems from the old serif photo software, or perhaps I lost my details in the past and therefore accidentally created a secondary account. Today I reached the ripe old age of 71 ( correction from previous post when I said I would be 72 )  Dementia catches up with us all.

So if a moderator wants to roll my accounts into one then I don't mind as long as I know which one is the primary account to be used in the future.  Affinity Forum is a great help to me.  Just one question which you might be able to help me with please.  Is there a video tutorial for the MESH-WARP tool.

Thanks again for being in touch.  John Edwin in exile.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:42 AM, KitKat1947 said:

Today I reached the ripe old age of 71

Belated birthday greetings! cake.gifpartyblower.gif

I hope you enjoyed your special day.

Is there a video tutorial for the MESH-WARP tool.

I found this one quite easily, but there may be others. I don’t think there’s an official one.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Alfred,  I had already found the video you sent me.  Thanks for that.  I have now found another one which is really very useful in showing how to create and use nodes.  see link below.

Mesh-warp is a very powerful tool and I will test it out step by step.

The dynamics of the forum members has astonished me.................  It really is helping me a lot.   I had a relatively quiet day and enjoyed a couple of beers from the local city brewery in the evening.  

I made the spoof video below when I was in La Rochelle France.

https://vimeo.com/user57039819/urpiner-passes-lips-other-beers-dont-meet

Thanks for all help so far.

John Edwin in exile.