You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Digital Art Persona ???

Just a question i want to raise and see if someone have though about before.
Now that we have Affinity Designer on iPad which perform very well and bring a fresh way, life and perspective of drawing and doing illustrations on mobile devices, is there a plan or are we going to see the Digital Art Persona coming to life?

i mean even if a Digital Artist can do those great things with iPad and the normal tool set in the drawing persona, a dedicated persona with dedicated sets of tools (can be the opportunity to bring more/new tools in) can be a game changer.

i'm so happy with Affinity Photo those Persona with different toolset and helping to make really beautiful works on 1 Software no need to install two or three tools to do this or that but int he same time i've seen that PS or Ai where not developed for Digital Painting or Digital Artist to work with, most of them says : we just just adapt !

And there are tons of dedicated drawing software which are real nightmare for people like me, so a Persona dedicated to Digital Art & Painting maybe needed.
it's just a question from my heart that may become a suggestion and maybe get accomplished one day.

Peace.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

How would a Digital Art Persona differ from the existing Pixel and Vector/Draw Personas? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Digital painting in vectors ???  :o

I do believe you posted in the wrong area, surely you want this in A. Photo, as digital painting is mostly a raster based activity.

I believe an entire new Persona in A. Photo is not really needed as the main UI is quite fine for painting (very similar to A. PS, probably better for painting, indeed). IMO, the main improvement you would see (and is telling you this another digital painter/illustrator) would be with brush engine improvements. (ie, like the two I have suggested in my sig, ;) ). Once with that, (those improvements, and anything to fight lags in certain situations is all you need...really.). Indeed, you would want to have available all the range of tools Photo has in its editing persona, for practically any style of illustration. Doing a specialized persona would generate the issue you have in those other digital painting specific applications (by other software brands) : they need photoshop-like features for most projects in illustration or digital painting (and they are being added right now by other companies, as they realized that...slowly...).

An entire new persona would put those actions many clicks away, not good... The issue though, is the amount of fronts the developers have, too many. Plus, Photo, as the name says, is not focused on painting, but in photo editing. Still, I do firmly believe that those (small?....nope, surely big...) fixes would bring masses, as there is a lot of people doing digital painting, comic drawing, concept art for games, movies, design, publicity, story boards, texture painting for games, pixel art, large etc. Pros and hobbyists. Also, would always benefit many retouching tasks, I believe, as it seems this engine is used in many current A. Photo (and AD pixel persona) tools... unless I am wrong.

I hope you understand my point: Creating at this point of the movie an entire new persona sounds like a huge structure change, and that wont help even a single bit (indeed, imo can do more damage than good...)  until the brush system gets those small but essential improvements. Once with those and forcing yourself a bit to configure the current UI for your needs, you'd end up painting pretty comfortably. I might make a detailed video tutorial on how to setup A. Photo to be comfortable while painting, with the current UI, after certain easy and fast configuration/distribution. Trust me, is not the issue to paint with AP.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

1 hour ago, SrPx said:

Digital painting in vectors ???  :o

I do believe you posted in the wrong area, surely you want this in A. Photo, as digital painting is mostly a raster based activity.

I believe an entire new Persona in A. Photo is not really needed as the main UI is quite fine for painting (very similar to A. PS, probably better for painting, indeed). IMO, the main improvement you would see (and is telling you this another digital painter/illustrator) would be with brush engine improvements. (ie, like the two I have suggested in my sig, ;) ). Once with that, (those improvements, and anything to fight lags in certain situations is all you need...really.). Indeed, you would want to have available all the range of tools Photo has in its editing persona, for practically any style of illustration. Doing a specialized persona would generate the issue you have in those other digital painting specific applications (by other software brands) : they need photoshop-like features for most projects in illustration or digital painting (and they are being added right now by other companies, as they realized that...slowly...).

An entire new persona would put those actions many clicks away, not good... The issue though, is the amount of fronts the developers have, too many. Plus, Photo, as the name says, is not focused on painting, but in photo editing. Still, I do firmly believe that those (small?....nope, surely big...) fixes would bring masses, as there is a lot of people doing digital painting, comic drawing, concept art for games, movies, design, publicity, story boards, texture painting for games, pixel art, large etc. Pros and hobbyists. Also, would always benefit many retouching tasks, I believe, as it seems this engine is used in many current A. Photo (and AD pixel persona) tools... unless I am wrong.

I hope you understand my point: Creating at this point of the movie an entire new persona sounds like a huge structure change, and that wont help even a single bit (indeed, imo can do more damage than good...)  until the brush system gets those small but essential improvements. Once with those and forcing yourself a bit to configure the current UI for your needs, you'd end up painting pretty comfortably. I might make a detailed video tutorial on how to setup A. Photo to be comfortable while painting, with the current UI, after certain easy and fast configuration/distribution. Trust me, is not the issue to paint with AP.

A video tutorial?

Please do. 

It's maybe what we need and maybe what I'm missing. 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3