Sign in to follow this  
cezi

ipad description of all tools

hi there,

i know there are lots of tutorials explaining AD for the ipad but there are still functions that i can not figure out because i have not found any detailed info about them, for instance the contextual options when an object is selected and you tick the move tool: About Centre? also: icons with a lock inside, or an eye, you can toggle these on and off but what is their goal?

a detailed manual with all the AD functions would help but i have not found it yet, anybode else?

imac 27", macOS high sierra, ipad pro, affinity designer and photo on both desktop and ipad, lots of adobe stuff, not used since the arrival of affinity B|

‘About Centre’ is a resizing option, so you won’t see any effect if you’re moving the object. The other icons (‘Lock Children’ and ‘Hide Selection’) are explained in the Help within the app.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

thank you, i figured out About Centre,

no clue what the two other options do, you say it is explained in Help, you probably refer to another source because if i select the question mark righ bottom corner i don’t see an explanation of these options, am i missing a Help section?

imac 27", macOS high sierra, ipad pro, affinity designer and photo on both desktop and ipad, lots of adobe stuff, not used since the arrival of affinity B|

The question mark icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the workspace only reveals the tooltips. To access the Help, you need to tap on the arrow in the top left-hand corner to go to the Home screen, and then tap on the question mark between the ‘plus’ and gearwheel icons.

53C96CBE-70A9-4E33-85C0-67E5BB33CB23.png

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

thanks again, sorry i missed that!