You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HOW TO MAKE TEXT LOOK LIKE METAL (Video)

In this Affinity Designer tutorial, I will show you how to make text look like metal.

For more Affinity Designer tutorials makes sure you subscribe to my channel.

Looks like a great tutorial..I will give it a go this evening.  

I see you are great with AD and also with text.  Could you do me a huge favor and take a peek at my question regarding text here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/6265-transforming-text-not-individual-letters-but-entire-words/

I would truly appreciate it!  Thank you for your time and dedication to the AD community!

ChadStyle

Hello, Chad!

I looked at your thread. Unfortunately, MEB is right.  The only perspective tool available is in Affinity Photo Beta  but once you start manipulating  your text it will automatically be converted to pixels. There no easy way around it. You have to take it to another program that will allow you to adjust your vector text's perspective then import it back to AD for further adjustment.

Ronnie, thank you so much for your reply!  I understand, I was just hoping there was something I was missing.  As I mentioned before, I am comfortable switching between PS and AI but really want to get off the Ad083 Kool-Aid and use only Affinity moving forward.  I have downloaded the Beta of Affinity Photo but honestly haven't had the time in my day to play with it.  It's hard when clients are waiting on graphics to take the road less traveled when I know I can get it done efficiently using my old tried and true methods.  I'll get there...

Lastly, I watched a few of your tutorials on your YouTube channel yesterday.  Thanks for your hard word and dedication to the AD community!  A slap, dap, and fist bump to you my friend ;)

ronniemcbride, Thanks so much. I subscribed you. Actually I heard about A recently. I just need  A2Z tutorial for beginner like me. Once again thanks so much.

Biju, thanks for subscribing. You might want to check out my complete course.  The links in my signature. read the description and the reviews and see if my course is of interest to you. Alternatively, keep enjoying my free content.

Ronnie, thank you so much for your reply!  I understand, I was just hoping there was something I was missing.  As I mentioned before, I am comfortable switching between PS and AI but really want to get off the Ad083 Kool-Aid and use only Affinity moving forward.  I have downloaded the Beta of Affinity Photo but honestly haven't had the time in my day to play with it.  It's hard when clients are waiting on graphics to take the road less traveled when I know I can get it done efficiently using my old tried and true methods.  I'll get there...

Lastly, I watched a few of your tutorials on your YouTube channel yesterday.  Thanks for your hard word and dedication to the AD community!  A slap, dap, and fist bump to you my friend ;)

Chad,  you are welcome! no harm in trying all the options! I wish I could supply you with a better solution. I hear you on the Adobe Kool-Aid! Affinity Photo is promising, but it is a Beta so keep that in mind as you tinker. Thanks for the support and  a slap,dap, and fist bump back atcha!

Oh hand chad maybe this might be a solution to not have to deal with  the other guy.  Maybe use the perspective tool in Inkscape and export your results back into AD. I never tried it but perhaps it might work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMbIPleMiZ0

Thank you, Hanz! I really try to keep my tutorial/demo easy, so I am glad they come off that way.