You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Had some fun last night with AP & AD

Why do people always post a picture under the premise that they're bored? (not board)

Does that mean one can only be creative when boredom sets in?

If you feel creative and want to share it, then do so. . .but please, not under the premise that you're bored. :P

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

5 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

Why do people always post a picture under the premise that they're bored? (not board)

Well i can't speak for everyone but art in the context of graphics design and drawing is not my thing, actually my love is making music and when i am not doing music i am bored.:42_confused:

18 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

Does that mean one can only be creative when boredom sets in?

maybe maybe not who knows how a person feels other than themselves.:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

If you feel creative and want to share it, then do so. . .but please, not under the premise that you're bored. :P

I get what you are saying but that's how i actually felt. :D 

3 minutes ago, soundlyon said:

Well i can't speak for everyone but art in the context of graphics design and drawing is not my thing, actually my love is making music and when i am not doing music i am bored.:42_confused:

I actually compose music myself. I run a 24 track studio and own several guitars (amongst other things).

But when I'm not doing that for myself - or other people, I never get bored I just concentrate my creative juices on something else. I muck around with Affinity simply because it's a source of fun or amusement and I needn't be bored to use it. :)

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

3 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:
12 minutes ago, soundlyon said:

I actually compose music myself. I run a 24 track studio and own several guitars (amongst other things).

Nice , what type of music i am into reggae mostly but ill listen to anything .

5 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

But when I'm not doing that for myself - or other people, I never get bored I just concentrate my creative juices on something else. I muck around with Affinity simply because it's a source of fun or amusement and I needn't be bored to use it. :)

Kool

2 minutes ago, soundlyon said:

Nice , what type of music i am into reggae mostly but ill listen to anything .

My era and love is mainly Prog Rock and 60's psychedelia. But I'm open to most things which basically means if I like it - I like it.

46 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

You tried Magix Music Maker?

1 hour ago, 1664 kronenbourg said:

You tried Magix Music Maker?

I've used a very early version of it when I made some music videos some years ago now. I didn't have any other software at the time and Magix came free with a PC magazine, so it was a no-brainer. Traditionally, I don't use software to interface or create music, like MIDI or other software such as Cakewalk, etc. I'm strictly hands on approach and at times it's all hands round the mixing desk which is a live performance in itself. I can't get that feeling of accomplishment with software, hence why I like 'hands on,' 

It's a bit of a dying art.