You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Greetings,

I have been playing around with Affinity Photo a lot while following the video tutorials on Vimeo. At certain points in time I would have to " reset "  everything to the way they were just after installation of the software. Is there something like a "factory reset"  that does do just this?

With Regards, Aad.

You can reset Affinity Photo by opening it while holding down the Ctrl key on a PC, or the Cmd key on a Mac.

A Clear User Data dialog will be show with the first three options ticked; press Select All for a full reset.

But from what you write, first try just having Reset Studio ticked, then press clear.

See if that returns you to where you want to be. If not, repeat with the other boxes ticked as well.:)

R

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

39 minutes ago, Roger C said:

You can reset Affinity Photo by opening it while holding down the Ctrl key on a PC, or the Cmd key on a Mac.

Cmd on a Mac usually corresponds to Ctrl on Windows in either of the Affinity apps, but for resetting it’s Ctrl on both platforms. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks αℓƒяє∂

I was out of my depth with the Mac thing, and thus was quoting someone else from an archived reply elsewhere. Thanks for correcting this. And me.:36_flushed:

(I only replied because I could see none of the Three Musketeers were logged in [that's you , @toltec & @R C-R ], and I thought Aad would appreciate a quick reply.)

R

P.S. I also noticed that in APhoto you can go to View>Studio>Reset Studio. Also you can go to Edit>Defaults>Factory Reset. These will save time due to not having to close and re-open the program.

Reset Studio is safe enough as it just rearranges the furniture, but I haven't had the strength of character to try the Factory Reset. That sounds scary! Would I have to save imported brushes and macros beforehand? Yikes!

...I thought I'd step away from the mouse before I regretted it...:2_grimacing:

8 hours ago, Roger C said:

I only replied because I could see none of the Three Musketeers were logged in...

I don't know about anybody else but I always log in using the option not to show if I am logged in or not. I started doing that on every site that permitted it after a friend's house got robbed because as best as anyone could tell someone figured out who they were & by looking at the time stamps of their posts on a different forum when they were least likely to be home.

Such is life in the early 21st century. :(

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

11 hours ago, R C-R said:

Such is life in the early 21st century. :(

What ???, an actual physical burglary. That is SO last century 9_9

Most people in this century would install a key logger, hack your bank account, steal your identity, order a new iPad or similar from Amazon (to be delivered by drone), all without leaving their bedroom. :D

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning from Down Under,

I tried all the above and nothing happens. The hardest thing is how to ask the correct questions. I'm trying to use the inpaint brush and only having had the Affinity a couple of weeks sometimes it works sometimes doesn't. Know I'm trying to remove a person out of three but it is duplicating the person next to where he's standing if that makes sense. On another one it has the circle of the brush but nothing shows on the screen so I've tried a few times to do a Factory Reset, a Studio reset and a Clear from the recent file and I still can't get the #$%%^^&*&*&^%%* to work. 

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it very much. Also besides the Forum is there anywhere else to get help. I've tried  YouTube but they don't real start from the very start. So that's my problem. I'll now get outside into the cold and dosome work.

Thanks in advance.

Marty

Hi @Marty Koopmans

I think your post will get lost at the bottom of this thread. Try posting a new question to the forum. (Top right of the page next to Reply to this topic, click on Start New Topic. Call it something like "Inpainting Tool" and explain the problem).

Affinity Photo Video tutorial playlists: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQZN-kIrZUQyoTnexM3jJAw/playlists?shelf_id=0&view=1&sort=dd

For some reason the above address won't paste properly, but if you copy it and open it as a new tab it will take you to a page of themed playlists. Scroll to the bottom to find the beginners section and start from there.

2 hours ago, Roger C said:

Scroll to the bottom to find the beginners section and start from there.

Alternatively, sort by ‘date ascending’ instead of ‘date descending’ so that you can start from the top of the list. ;)

https://youtube.com/channel/UCQZN-kIrZUQyoTnexM3jJAw/playlists?flow=list&sort=da&view=1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)