You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lag and freeze when drawing with pencil

Hi!

so I started working on an illustration as first serious project in A designer. Thrilled!

After trying out different brush settings I finally found what I was after. After tracing a bit the app started laffing and froze. The feel and quality is awesome and I hope there is a way around this. 

My settings were with pressure and it happens with stabilizer on.

Is there any fix for this?

greetz,

c

Looks like it might be a bug. I didn't get any lagging, but just now when I started making small vector brush dabs, instead of long strokes, the app froze. The stabilizer handle and the dab were about the same length. It was the 4th or 5th I did. All changes lost upon restart.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

MEB,

In my case, I was using brush defaults and the rope. I'd tried pressure, but that was w. longer strokes.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hi MEB, thanks! :)

I am tracing a quite intricate sketch and tried both, it happens faster when using rope stabilizer but also happened just now without stabilizer, but pressure is on in both cases as it is vital for me to benefit from pressure sensitivity via apple pencil in this kind of work.

First it lags, than freeze, sometimes it quits.