pjglad

AP 1.6.8 - Open From Cloud Does NOT Work Dropbox - Sean P Please Read

Open From Cloud via Dropbox still does not work with AP iPad. Open .afphoto doc on iPad via Open From Cloud, make changes then save. Changes are not saved.

P.S. Open From Cloud via Dropbox works perfectly with AD iPad. 

So I cannot figure this out. Open from Cloud works with AD but not with AP. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both AP and Dropbox but no help. Any suggestions?

Do you have any other cloud storage accounts? ‘Open from Cloud’ works for me in APh with Box, Dropbox and iCloud, and any changes are preserved when I reopen the file in a new session.

Is the problem limited to one particular document, or do several of your files misbehave?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

I use Dropbox and the Documents app. I can open and save AP docs to Documents but it does not work with Dropbox. The issue is with all AP docs. I would like to unlink Dropbox from AP then relink but I do not know how to do that. I looked at my Dropbox account but there is no app link for Affinity. One more thing, after saving I view the doc in Dropbox on my iMac and it is unchanged. However, when I view the doc on my iPad via the Files app it is updated. Its like Dropbox is not updating.

On 7/20/2018 at 5:47 AM, Sean P said:

Hi pjglad,

This was fixed in 1.6.8.77 and I've just double checked this fix myself using 1.6.8.77 and cannot reproduce the issue. See attached video.

Open From Cloud does NOT work with Dropbox.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create AP doc on iMac and save in Dropbox

2) Open From Cloud on iPad, make change, return to Home Screen then Save

3) View doc on iMac - changes not saved in Dropbox

Note: Changes APPEAR to be saved in Dropbox when viewed with Files app on iPad; however, changes never get updated to Dropbox. FYI, Open From Cloud works with AD in Dropbox.

Thanks for that! Bizarrely it has stopped working for me now, even though I'm using the same version and steps that are shown in the video above! However unlike you I don't even see the changes in the Files app on the iPad. I'll get it reopened with development!