You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change properties of multiply-selected vector objects

In Affinity Designer, I have a whole series of vector lines, all of a particular stroke width. I want to change the stroke width on all of these objects (there are over 100).

I can select these multiple vector objects, but then I can no longer access the properties panel.

It seems like this should be simple, but there seems no way to do it in Affinity Designer. If there isn't, can we please have it? At present, I would have to individually select each line, change the width, go on to the next line, etc. And Designer doesn't have any interface, it seems to automation tools like AppleScript.

By Properties Panel do you mean the Stroke Panel or do you mean the Properties Panel from the Stroke Panel?

1298656378_ScreenShot2018-07-20at06_38_47.png.799ce099e07ef7f618de0fbe70ad9dbe.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Yes, exactly.  "Properties Panel from the Stroke Panel"

If I select a single vector object like a path, I get this dialog and can change the width, etc. But if I select two or more vector objects (paths/lines) I can no longer access this panel. I want to be able to change the width on a bunch of different paths in one process rather than having to individually select them and change width individually, then go on to the next... the latter is way too tedious when I have many such objects.

ill upload an video

Have you tried dropping to say 50 layers? I wonder if the volume of layers has some consequence?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

108184549_StrokeproertiesPanel.thumb.gif.ccea101e3ca72f74b9a3946843dc77ef.gif

Oh! I get it! I was trying to use the Stroke property which you see in the toolbar when you have a single curve selected. That one disappears as soon as you select more than one curve. I need to use the Stroke Panel tab/inspector instead.

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to educate me.

16 minutes ago, David Grigg said:

Oh! I get it! I was trying to use the Stroke property which you see in the toolbar when you have a single curve selected. That one disappears as soon as you select more than one curve. I need to use the Stroke Panel tab/inspector instead.

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to educate me.

Glad you got it sorted, have a nice day Yawl!

• Staff

Welcome to the forums David Grigg :) 

1 hour ago, David Grigg said:

I was trying to use the Stroke property which you see in the toolbar when you have a single curve selected. That one disappears as soon as you select more than one curve.

Just FYI, if you select multiple curves from your layers panel and then select the Pen Tool you'll see the context toolbar options for stroke etc, although of course there is no issue with firstdefence's solution! :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!