You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP and Logitech Craft keyboard?

I'm eying the Logitech Craft keyboard, which comes with that neat dial on top. While Affinity Photo is not one of the applications that's specifically supported by Logitech and this keyboard, application-specific actions can be assigned to the dial. I was wondering, if anyone has experience with the Craft keyboard in that regard, and specifically, if it's possible to hover over a slider in AP (or any other application for that matter) and then adjust the slider value with the dial?

If Affinity shows up in the config software, try it.

In the meantime why not contact Logitech about Affinity and get it supported?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I don't have the keyboard (yet), so unfortunately I cannot try this out. It's quite expensive as far as keyboards go, so I wanted to get a feel how useful it might be in combination with AP before jumping on it. But good idea about contacting Logitech.

1 hour ago, pipet said:

I don't have the keyboard (yet), so unfortunately I cannot try this out. It's quite expensive as far as keyboards go, so I wanted to get a feel how useful it might be in combination with AP before jumping on it. But good idea about contacting Logitech.

Also see if anyone has the Keyboard and Affinity on the Logitech forums

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hello firstdefence.

I have a Logitec craft keyboard.  Photo and Designer does not work with the 'dial' function.  Shame really as I am moving away from Photoshop and Lightroom to Affinity software and ACDSee.  Logitec will probably say its up to Affinity to add it via the SDK and Affinity will say Logitec should design a plug-in.  I think that Affinity should develop the SDK for the Craft keyboard using the same functions as the Adobe software, this will be another nail in their coffin allowing Affinity to erode their position.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

See: Luxury keyboard Logitech Craft in the test (original german article)

...According to the website, Logitech Craft currently supports Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere (Mac and Windows) as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Windows only) . Our installation also includes support from Adobe Indesign and Google Chrome and Firefox. A little meager list, we would like to have more choice here, for example for Affinity Photo or Pixelmator. These can be added, but only with some generic commands that are not app-specific. For example, it is not possible to change the brush tip of Affinity Photo with the rotary wheel. After all, you can zoom in like this. ...

So in order to apply more functionality here for the Craft keyboard, the Affinity products have to support it and make internal use of the Craft Crown SDK, which in turn then will communicate directly to the Craft Crown via the Logitech Options software.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 4 months later...

I just got a Logitech Craft and I would love to use the Crown/Dial of the keyboard in Affinity Photo and Designer; especially for making better and faster usage of the sliders which is a bit tricky when you use your monitor in high resolutions. Please implement a profile for the Logitech Craft. Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

Yes, the same here. I got my Craft a few videos ago and I would not wanna miss it again. But, this is because I like the keys and how I can type - it has the absolute right sensitivity.

I love controlling my media with the play/pause and volume functions of the crown.

Now, the next step to absolute satisfaction with the Craft would be using the crown for all the sliders in Affinity software. Please, amazing Affinity people, give us a profile for the Craft.

Thank you.

Chris

Came here to ask for the same. The Craft keyboard is awesome! Please implement support for it…changing sliders as @nicecap requested would be a good start, but I presume there would be tons of other possibilities as well. Color wheel obviously but also layer ordering and blend modes, etc.

Pro software for pro hardware! Can we get an official statement if there are any plans on supporting the Craft?

Thanks a lot,

Simon

• Staff

@n0wis

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

i have not heard of any plans to support this hardware, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
8 hours ago, n0wis said:

...are you taking feature requests? :D 

Absolutely, I've moved this thread to the best forum

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that the Craft keyboard has a developer mode. You can add the application and assign for instance '[' and ']' to the knob dial. And a left click OR CTRL-0 to the knob press. The developer mode requires a Logitech account and sending all your usage data to Logitech, so it comes at a cost.

Regards Wim.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/20/2019 at 8:30 PM, B2fab said:

Please note that the Craft keyboard has a developer mode. You can add the application and assign for instance '[' and ']' to the knob dial. And a left click OR CTRL-0 to the knob press. The developer mode requires a Logitech account and sending all your usage data to Logitech, so it comes at a cost.

Regards Wim.

This is the most basic support, deeper one works per tool [ it auto-switches its functions on per tool basis ] and Adobe's products have plugins for it.

• 2 months later...

i have the  craft keyboard, and i will attest, that it is a super solid  piece of hardware. that said, i really would like to use it with  Affinity Photo. so i am hoping that there will be support.  i love the feel of this keyboard, and Affinity would only add to its usefulness.

• 1 month later...

Currently the wheel does not affect functions in the Affinity Suite. Since the keyboard is not that widely spread, I doubt this will change. Which is a pity, I really like it for being solid, having a good keying point and staying on the desk where it is placed.

However on my Mac I can set the music volume louder or softer by turning the wheel - helps with staying in the flow 🎶

• 7 months later...
On 5/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Absolutely, I've moved this thread to the best forum

Has there been anything happening since then?

I am still guessing its more on the side of logi to implement it in their driver but either way it would require communication between both sides.

• 2 years later...