magichappens

[AD] Sliced images cannot be exported to anywhere!

I followed the videos and was excited to use the slice feature in the Export Persona. Initially it shows each of my slices boxed off as they should be. But when I click Export All (I'm trying to export as .eps), a window opens for my cloud files but there is no option to save. The only choices are "Select" and "Done". If you click "Select" it shows everything greyed out. I have tried with iCloud Drive, Box, DropBox... Nothing works.

Even worse, when I then click cancel and am returned to the main AD screen, all of the bounding boxes for the slices have shifted up and to the right from where the actual images are.

Hi Magichappens,
Have you looked into the help topics for the Export Persona? Unfortunately due to the way files works, selecting a location to export your slices out to is a bit awkward. Try the following:

1. Ensure you have some slices created in the Export Persona
  2. Select either Export All or Export Slice - this will display files
  3. In Files click the 'Select' button and then select a folder - you need to have a folder to export your slices into (and not the root)
  4. Once you've selected a folder click 'Open' at the top right (and not Done!)
  5. Your files will now export to that location with a couple of caveats due to some known issues: You can only export to iCloud Drive or On My iPad, and if you do 'Export All' and select a folder you wlll have to tap Export All again once you selected a folder.

I've attached a video to show this process :)

I've not seen any issues regarding the bounding boxes moving though. Are you able to record a video showing this at all please?

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm pretty sure I followed your instructions exactly but it still didn't export the slices to the selected folder. I'm attaching a video that shows both my steps taken to do the export and the bounding boxes for the slices having moved after completing Export All.

After selecting the location and clicking 'Open' have you tried tapping 'Export All' again? I did mention above that there is an issue at the moment that means you need to press it again after selecting a folder. 

Also I can't tell in your video, but where is the folder stored that you are exporting too? Is it on iCloud or a different cloud device, currently it only works on iCloud. Lastly would you be able to attach the document in your video please? I've never seen the slices resizing like shown!

Thanks!

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your help - I hadn't caught that it only works on iCloud - I was trying with Box. I also missed the part about having to tap 'Export All' a second time.

As for the file with the slices resizing, I'm attaching them here - it's been a while so I can't remember which file type I'd originally started with... Hope that helps!

vector_owl.svg

vector_owl.ai

vector_owl.eps

15 hours ago, magichappens said:

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your help - I hadn't caught that it only works on iCloud - I was trying with Box. I also missed the part about having to tap 'Export All' a second time.

As for the file with the slices resizing, I'm attaching them here - it's been a while so I can't remember which file type I'd originally started with... Hope that helps!

vector_owl.svg

vector_owl.ai

vector_owl.eps

Glad you got it exporting to iCloud - it is unfortunately an annoying issue that has been flagged with development! Would it be possible for you to attach the Affinity AFDesign file with the slices already set please? Ideally I need the file you were using in the screenshot with the slices pre made.