You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m designing my new font from Affinity Designer, and exports ESP files to FontLab on my Mac’s at the moment, but very often when I try the font in different designs, I often use the iPad Pro.. so a glyph browser in the iPad version is very high on my wish list! :-) 

I have already a lot of glyph’s for this display font, so without it it makes is very hard. 

Hope that will be added soon! :-) 

Today I started a new design with this font on my Mac, and wanted to continue on the iPad when I left the house.. but when open it on the iPad, all the glyph was gone, and the design was kinda messed up. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Another vote for this. Using typefaces with multiple character variations, swash characters or even typefaces that are only symbols is really hard on the iPad currently.

The "Typography / OpenType" menu is kinda working for alternates, but we really need a full glyph browser for every character in the set. I would also love to see an option to size the grid so that the full characters can be properly viewed even when they stretch "out of bounds".

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

+1

What’s the workaround for accessing glyphs in iPad?

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/30/2019 at 7:45 PM, Cealcrest said:

+1

What’s the workaround for accessing glyphs in iPad?

I know this is an old post, but in case anyone else is wondering about a workaround: I added my commonly used glyphs as assets (text art) on the desktop version, then imported the assets into the ipad version.

Symbol - keyboard character pad.

This app installs as a keyboard, similar to selecting emojis, but allows selection of all Unicode characters. Works with almost anything that uses a standard keyboard.  In designer you do need to select a font that supports the extended characters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

please add a Glyph browser!

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...