Sign in to follow this  
Dodgeruk

Colour Picker ? Designer iPad

Is there a specific way to use the colour picker tool , I can’t get it to work. . . I have the idea that like in other software you would touch eye dropper and then hover/touch the colour on the screen. 

Please advice , cheers 

Hi Dodgeruk,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
That's how it works but if you have Auto-apply disabled in the context toolbar on bottom then the picked color will only be stored in the color well near the colour picker icon inside the Colour Studio - you have to change to the Move Tool, select an object and touch it there to actually apply it to the selected object. If you enable Auto-apply then the picked colour will be immediately applied to the selected object.

The fill color picker for the vector pencil is not working for me. Elsewhere in the app it works fine, but the ring never changes to the selected color for the pencil fill eye dropper and therefore never changes the well color. 

Correction: it works with a finger gesture but not with the Apple Pencil.

Hi PaulMJr,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is a known issue detected sooner that was apparently fixed (it was marked as such) but still doesn't work properly. Apparently the colour picker in the Colour Studio doesn't work when using the Apple Pencil no matter the tool you have selected (works fine when using your finger). I'm reopening this issue to be looked at. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:34 AM, ralisdaum said:

will we be seeing a fix for this? it’s been awhile.. quite a hindrance to my workflow lately

Colour Picker tool in AD beta is working properly with Apple pencil and with touch for Gestures on you don't select colour with fingers. Happy days... :D

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?