You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pressure not working with Apple Pencil

I just bought both Designer and Photo for iPad and I cannot get pressure with the Apple Pencil to work with either of them. It is constantly on full pressure no matter what i try. Pressure works fine in other apps such as Procreate so I know it is not a hardware issue. I am using an iPad Pro 2017.

Is there something I might have missed here? The apps are kind of useless to me unless I can get this sorted.

• Staff

Hi MantisCore,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

In Designer, for the Vector Brush and Pencil tools check the Controller setting in the context toolbar on bottom. Set it to pressure.

In Photo you can use certain brushes (not all of them are sensible to pressure) or enable Force pressure for some of the brush tools tapping the corresponding icon in the context toolbar on bottom (see image below).

force_pressure.png.1b011c48819b891492775bd36a26ffad.png

• 1 year later...