You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

updates for existing customers

4 hours ago, t w stevens said:

Thanks for your reply. I will wait until you have the updates complete and not in a beta format.

@t w stevens could I ask why you are unwilling to download and install the latest customer beta(s)?  They exist totally independently of the installed latest release version, but do allow the user to test any new or upgraded functionality which is being added to the next full release. The Beta Release forums also offer the opportunity to "have your say" about anything new or different and, perhaps, to actively contribute to development of the app(s).

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I'd like to download and try out the latest beta, but I held off because I thought it would overwrite my latest full version of AD. So you're saying the betas are a separate installation and won't overwrite my current public released version? Cool. In that case, I'll download the beta and check it out. Thanks for that info.

Craig

On 7/19/2018 at 3:44 PM, emmrecs01 said:

@t w stevens could I ask why you are unwilling to download and install the latest customer beta(s)?  They exist totally independently of the installed latest release version, but do allow the user to test any new or upgraded functionality which is being added to the next full release. The Beta Release forums also offer the opportunity to "have your say" about anything new or different and, perhaps, to actively contribute to development of the app(s).

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I do not know much about downloading programs. i have the Affinity photo and thought that it would just be better to wait for the next complete version update. but if the latest beta program is a stand alone download i might give it a try,  Thanks