You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

13 hours ago, Olivier Bujold said:

A persepective guide will be a powerful tools for Sketching and improve  workflow.

Hi @Olivier Bujold
Welcome to Affinity Forum.
Well, you will find here a video i've made that surely answers your question.
Hope this will help you to start creating awesome things in Affinity from today.

if you need to now more about this functionality then i believe @MEB or @Patrick Connor will be of great help.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

8 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Arnaud Mez,
Those grids are for axonometric / parallel projections etc not for perspective drawing (one, two and three point perspective drawing). There's currently no tools/features to help with this. 

Hello @MEB ... Oups !
Well, i'm not a technical designer but personally this helped me to do the parallel thing.
Sorry @Olivier Bujold though it would help you.
... in the same time i believe Serif Team is cooking something that will make it happen !

Let's wait, see and win !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• 1 year later...

Agreed, almost every artist/designer program these days has perspective tools (including isometric). However, good old fashioned 1 point, 2 point and 3 point perspective grids (tool) would be very helpful for all Affinity Software.

Slightly off topic but: a "OPACITY FORCE PRESSURE BUTTON" for all Affinity Software. A simple "opacity slider" in the Brush Dynamics box/palette would be wonderful too. Seriously guys. Opacity & Size are the most used brush controls with a digital pen. You got the "Size Force Button" right, on the context tool bar. Give some love to Opacity with/for pen pressure!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, Tony Johansen said:

+1 for 1, 2, or 3 point perspective guides for drawing

Yep, I saw a video on creating perspective guides in Procreate. That works really nice.

I am starting to regret my purchase of affinity designer for iPad.

Not regretting my purchase at all. I have sketchbook and paintstorm studio for when I need ruled lines. But I would love to see rulers like Morpholio Trace (iPad only) and their perspective grid although having n-point perspective would blow everything out the water. N-point perspectives cause not everything in the scene is neatly arranged to the same vanishing points.

currently working on some stuff where this would have already saved me hours bouncing between apps

loving Designer on iPad more and more, and rulers/perspective grids would allow me to pretty much drop everything else. Though would not object if this landed on desktop too

• 2 months later...

I've already used Designer on Windows for simple stuff but now wanted to dive deeper using a pen. So I'm receiving my iPad Pro next week.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about buying Designer because of the lack of this feature. Is there an ETA on this for Windows/iPad?

On 1/14/2020 at 7:23 AM, Markio said:

Yep, I saw a video on creating perspective guides in Procreate. That works really nice.

I am starting to regret my purchase of affinity designer for iPad.

While at times i regret the purchase, I also regret my procreate purchase as well. (And more often use designer than procreate)

Affinity Designer as better resize/panning tools and I love that you can use artboards, which is super important if you want to have the other images in your story/comic strip side-by-side rather than needing to exit→look at last panel in a separate file→return. (Exiting a document in procreate causes your undo history to be lost, and creating one-large image for an entire strip won't work well since the uploading sites, e.g. Webtoons, require comics to be broken into panels. Furthermore, Procreate's max layer foolishness really constrains you if you try to create one large image, even if all your layers only have a small amount of pixels. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk