You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

snapshots and liquify persona possible?

I'm trying to create numerous versions of the same photo for the purpose of stringing together multiple versions of the same photo. Since you cannot create snapshots in the liquify persona I'm as a loss as to how to accomplish this other than by saving different versions of the actual project, which would take up a lot of drive space.

6 hours ago, DonLatarski said:

I'm trying to create numerous versions of the same photo for the purpose of stringing together multiple versions of the same photo. Since you cannot create snapshots in the liquify persona I'm as a loss as to how to accomplish this other than by saving different versions of the actual project, which would take up a lot of drive space.

It’s difficult to visualise what you’re trying to do from the description. However, the Liquify Persona only applies the effects to layers that are selected (highlighted blue) in the Layers panel before you open the Liquify Persona (I.E. If three layers are selected, it will apply to those three layers; if only one layer is selected, it will only apply to that one layer). Therefore, it’s possible that what you’re trying to do can be done with layers. For example:

1. Right-click > Rasterise layer
2. Duplicate the layer multiple times (CMD/CTRL + J)
3. Hide all the layers except the second layer from the bottom (keep the bottom layer as the original image)
4. Select just the second layer from the bottom so it’s highlighted blue
5. Go to the Liquify Persona, make edits and click the ‘Apply’ button when done

6. Select the next layer up in the Layers panel so it’s highlighted blue (third one from the bottom now)
7. Un-hide the layer
8. Go to the Liquify Persona
9. Click the ‘Last Mesh’ button in the Mesh panel (or you could use Save Mesh/Load Mesh instead). Make further edits and click the ‘Apply’ button when done

10. Repeat for any other layers

If you then want to export all the separate layers as individual images, you can do so with the Export Persona.

10 hours ago, DonLatarski said:

I’m not sure why you want to make snapshots from the Liquify Persona. Are you trying to make some sort of distortion sequence ?

If so, you will have to Apply the distortion each time.

So, Liquify > Apply > create Snapshot

Go to the Liquify Studio again, distort some more > Apply > create Snapshot

etc etc.

Each step will be on a separate Snapshot.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 months later...
On 7/18/2018 at 9:30 PM, toltec said:

I’m not sure why you want to make snapshots from the Liquify Persona. Are you trying to make some sort of distortion sequence ?

If so, you will have to Apply the distortion each time.

So, Liquify > Apply > create Snapshot

Go to the Liquify Studio again, distort some more > Apply > create Snapshot

etc etc.

Each step will be on a separate Snapshot.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I am making distortion sequences and exporting them to a video program. Your comments were very helpful. Sorry I didn't respond back sooner, so I haven't been back on the forum lately.