You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Link Objects

Hmmmm.....you could group them maybe?

Sometimes, it is annoying to use groups.

because grouping the layers makes reaching a specific layer harder. You have either to keep clicking on group to reach the wanted layer or expanding many layers, in the layers panel, to reach wanted layer.

Linking objects together, like Photoshop, makes reaching layers faster, makes working with them better and make you a more powerful user.

I use this feature a lot in Photoshop. I'm sure that if a power designer begin using it, he will love it!

+1 For linking layers. Although grouping allows for similar function, linking lets you bypass layer hierarchy and perform moves without having to mess with the layers' hierarchy...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 2 years later...
42 minutes ago, matisso said:

Yes please! I'm amazed, not to say a bit disappointed, that this had gathered so little attention. Linking is essential for the reason mentioned in the above post and groups are not a substitute.

Cheers,

Matt

I’m sorry, I gave you a wrong answer, so I edited.

1 hour ago, matisso said:

Yes please! I'm amazed, not to say a bit disappointed, that this had gathered so little attention. Linking is essential for the reason mentioned in the above post and groups are not a substitute.

Cheers,

Matt

why not use layers for this.

place all object that belong together on 1 layer.

this way you won't have to click through all layers, but you can move all objects at once.

a simple example attached.

house.afdesign

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

I won't even bother to download this, @dutchshader. Read this carefully: let's say you have twenty layers/objects but sandwiched between each pair of them are other objects that must remain where they are. In this scenario you will still need to select the layers you want to move one by one and keep it that way. If you group them, the sandwiching will be gone.

Locking an object within a layer isn't a solution either. You might expect (I did) that if one object is locked, it would remain in place when moving the layer that contains it. However if you move the parent layer, the locked object follows, too.

Cheers,

Matt