Cloud-Yo!

Node Tool Accuracy

I looked around to see if anyone else was having this issue, but I seem to have severe inaccuracy when manipulating nodes.  I find it near impossible to target (regardless of how carefully I try) the actual node.  everytime I try to manipulate a node's position, It almost always affects the handles instead.  I finally have to zoom into my image so much that there is at least a 1" screen space gap between a node and its handles to be able to access the node itself.  This also seems to happen with the selection/move tool. I tap in the middle of the selection and drag and it often grabs the external handles instead, transforming the selection instead of moving it. 

Im using my apple pencil on a new 12.9" ipad with latest ios on it.

Thanks for your help

Yes, this needs a little more refinement. Zoom in helps but.... :(

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

Oh I didn’t see this before now.. just posted a post, with the same problem.. 

its difficult. What I found out (I think) if there are two nodes pretty close, I hit a little bit to the left, of the left one, and a little to the right one, for the right.. to select the nodes, but very often I have the same problem, unless I zoom out a lot.. which makes it a little hard. 

+1

I find it especially a problem when selecting multiple nodes at once, when it is even more prone to grab the handle instead of the node. Zooming in, whether selecting one node or multiple, does help, but it should not require zooming in to avoid the handle. 

Perhaps an option to turn handle selection off? And perhaps a modifier key to enable the handle selecting to turn on again while the modifier key is being pressed? Or perhaps the modifier key forces the selection of the handle instead of the node?

I've got no idea how people are able to use this app with this issue in it. Right now it's so punishing trying to edit your curve that it's essentially unusable for me in any productive manner. It's been in there since it launched in July as well. 4 months (and counting) to fix such a core usability problem is pretty disappointing. I'm assuming/hoping this will be fixed in the next main numbered update but considering that's probably months away, an incremental fix would be awesome. 

Posted (edited)

April 2019 and I’m getting the same problem. I’m seriously considering to ask for a refund because as you said it makes the app basically unusable, it’s slows down my workflow so much that it simply doesn’t worth my patience. Hope they fix this ASAP

Edited by Deco_tk