You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Creation?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a brush creation tutorial for Affinity photo on iPad? I need the exact steps if possible, so that I don’t need to keep asking a hundred different questions :)

Addendum:

Does Affinity Photo support Size Jitter, Angle Jitter, and Scattering settings from brushes created in Photoshop?

Thank you all in advance.

High-End Photographic Prints

29 minutes ago, DesignMeister said:

Does anyone know of a brush creation tutorial for Affinity photo on iPad? I need the exact steps if possible, so that I don’t need to keep asking a hundred different questions :)

@paolo.limoncelli has posted instructions for brush creation on the desktop apps. I don’t know of a tutorial which is specific to the iPad apps.

Does Affinity Photo support Size Jitter, Angle Jitter, and Scattering settings from brushes created in Photoshop?

Tap on the ‘More’ control on the Context toolbar, and then tap on the Dynamics button on the next screen. I don’t know offhand whether all the settings are imported correctly from brushes created in Photoshop, but you’ll find out easily enough!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Alfred,

regarding the settings, there seems to be no size jitter, no angle jitter, and the. Scatter setting has x and y coordinates, as opposed to a percentage setting as in photoshop, so a I am now left in the dark.

In photoshop, the size jitter is 1000%, the angle jitter is 1000%, and the scatter is 1000%, but I’m not sure what Affinity Photo settings would correspond to that?

Maybe a staff member could help?

When I search for brush creation steps, I get a ton of results, but no tutorials. I can’t seem to find brush tutorials from Paolo Limoncelli? If anyone stumbles across such a post, could you please pass the link on to me.

Thank you all in advance.

4 minutes ago, DesignMeister said:

I can’t seem to find brush tutorials from Paolo Limoncelli? If anyone stumbles across such a post, could you please pass the link on to me.

Sorry about that! I should have included a link to this post from Paolo in my original reply.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you Alfred - I appreciate it.